Illegal Drivers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Illegal Drivers

What i find hilarious is that somehow, magically, because a certain day has ended, you are now a criminal, illegally operating a motor vehicle...
Do you get a record too?

Both My license and my Plates expire at the end of the month (AUG 31) and I have not received a notice

How far before the renewal date can you just go into the MTO office and renew? I don't wanna put off my renewal till the last minute.

Considering that the whole licencing thing is a massive government cash-grab, they SHOULD be responsible for reminding us to re-up our rackets, er, contracts with them.

I'd say we all get ****ed by enough taxes and fees, the least they could do is send us a pre-rape reminder...

I'd say we all get ****ed by enough taxes and fees, the least they could do is send us a pre-rape reminder...

Maybe it's not good etiquette to "rub it in"?

An Ontario drivers license is usually a 5 year issue and expires on your birthday.
It's not rocket science.

I got a notice last month and my bday is in Oct lots of notice. lol

Also the last 6 digits of your Drivers licence are a little different then your bday if you have a birthday in Oct, Nov or December. The year stays the same and the day stays the same but the month starts with a 6 instead of a 1. So lets say your birthday is Dec 3, 1995 the last 6 digets of you Drivers Licence will be 956203.

How far before the renewal date can you just go into the MTO office and renew? I don't wanna put off my renewal till the last minute.

A month.

My gf's Dad drove for like 5 years with a suspended license he didn't know was suspended and no one told him. Went to renew his plates one day and finally someone noticed. It had been suspended so long that he had to go through graduated licensing. Couldn't pass so he just got a license in Delaware since he's mostly living down there anyway. It was caused by a mixup at the MTO but of course they never admitted it.

Once I went to renew my stickers, I paid with my debit card, lady screwed up the amount and without realizing I put the stickers on my plate and went on my way, i get a letter like two weeks later to tell me to come and pay teh difference and that my license was suspended

Lady at the end of the day realized she had screwed the transaction (it wasn't a no fund or anything to do with me) and instead of giving me a call, she cancels my license and sends me a letter, freaking fantastic - I was not a happy camper!

Tens of thousands of Ontario drivers could be on the road illegally after the province failed to remind them to renew their driver’s licence and plates.
What’s being called a “unique” technical glitch prevented the provincial government from sending nearly 100,000 licence and plate renewal reminders to drivers who had birthdays in July.
That's funny, in May this year I got my renewal form and in June i got another one, identical. My b'day is in July.

Considering that the whole licencing thing is a massive government cash-grab, they SHOULD be responsible for reminding us to re-up our rackets, er, contracts with them.

If you think we're being rp'd now just wait til Prem Wynne brings in the Ontario Pension Plan.
The gas plant money wastage is going to seem like a tribute to Ebenezer Scrooge in comparison.
She has already spent the projected tax revenue of the province up to and including the year 2020 twice over and that's if the economy doesn't sink any further into the abyss.
Expect to see 1/2 your pay checks lopped off the top for payroll taxes within 5 years.
As far as illegal drivers go I can see ticket fines increasing significantly as the Ontario government scratches & scrapes tax and fee revenue from whomever & wherever it can get it.

If you think we're being rp'd now just wait til Prem Wynne brings in the Ontario Pension Plan.
The gas plant money wastage is going to seem like a tribute to Ebenezer Scrooge in comparison.
She has already spent the projected tax revenue of the province up to and including the year 2020 twice over and that's if the economy doesn't sink any further into the abyss.
Expect to see 1/2 your pay checks lopped off the top for payroll taxes within 5 years.
As far as illegal drivers go I can see ticket fines increasing significantly as the Ontario government scratches & scrapes tax and fee revenue from whomever & wherever it can get it.
Prem Wynne Press Conference in 5 years
8212_3.jpg

No surprise there. I want out of this province

What i find hilarious is that somehow, magically, because a certain day has ended, you are now a criminal, illegally operating a motor vehicle...

That's the downside of rules. I'm not happy about that either. Rules should be more like suggestions.

What's the big deal? Just go and take one off your neighbors car and put it on yours with some gorilla glue. Been doing that for years! You're all welcome.

Back
Top Bottom