2014_08_08 hwy 406 and Woodlawn rip | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014_08_08 hwy 406 and Woodlawn rip

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Off duty nrps officer. Condolences to family and friends

From CityNews. Ca
An off-duty police officer with the Niagara Regional Police Service has died following a collision on Highway 406 in Welland, police confirm.

A car and motorcycle collided at around 5:30 a.m. at Woodlawn Road.

Edit:
Cp24 is reporting it was a head on crash.

Last edited:
i just saw this on the news. terrible to hear.

condolences to the family.

edit:
they say he's been killed, not died, in an accident. does that mean that the other party was at fault?

Last edited:
RIP...

Heard it on AM640 this morning. They were saying the female driver's vehicle crosses the centre divider and hit the motorcycle head on. The driver was airlifted to hospital as well.

RIP rider.

Not necessarily the media often interchange the terms died and killed. Doesn't assign blame. Although if the cage crossed a divided highway and hit the rider head on then yes she is at fault.

i just saw this on the news. terrible to hear.

condolences to the family.

edit:
they say he's been killed, not died, in an accident. does that mean that the other party was at fault?

RIP
http://www.cp24.com/news/off-duty-officer-killed-in-head-on-crash-in-welland-1.1951008

A Niagara Regional Police officer is dead after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle in a head-on crash in Welland Friday morning.
The officer was off-duty when the crash happened around 5 a.m. Police said the officer’s Suzuki motorcycle collided with a Pontiac Sunfire on Highway 406 at Woodlawn Road.
“It appears the vehicles came in contact in a head-on type of collision,” Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said. “The rider of the motorcycle was ejected from the vehicle, struck the car and sustained fatal injuries.”
[h=2]Photos[/h]

A damaged vehicle is pictured at the scene of a fatal collision that claimed the life of an off-duty Niagara Regional Police officer Friday, August, 8, 2014.

Reports say the officer was on his way home at the time. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The female driver of the Pontiac was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
The OPP is investigating the crash. However Niagara Regional police are assisting with the investigation, Schmidt said.
“It’s very tragic right now,” Schmidt said. “Any fatal collision is very sombre and obviously because of it being an off-duty officer, it hits home.”
While there was construction going on at the road at the time of the collision, Schmidt said it was not likely a factor.
It’s not yet known if alcohol was a factor.
Schmidt said charges are pending.
Police are now looking to speak with any possible witnesses who may have been in the area at the time.
Highway 406 is closed between Woodlawn Road and East Main Street in Welland as police investigate the fatal collision.

I just found out it was a buddy of mine. What a terrible ****en way to go.

RIP officer
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom