Sept 1st Mosport (RDT) Gpbikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sept 1st Mosport (RDT) Gpbikes

Gpbikes

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
Hi all,
Just a friendly reminder that are final track day of the year is almost among us and that there is still some spots available
the cost is $ 190.00 plus taxes and there is a BBQ lunch provided.
please book soon to avoid missing out on a great day of fun.
you can pre book online at www.gpbikes.com or by phone 905 4288983
see you there

Why is this track so damn expensive?

Same with Pro6, I paid just over that a month ago.

I am all for supporting track providers as I understand it isn't cheap to hire marshals, EMS services, the track rental, the admin and staff, but what makes a day at a small track relative to TMP or Grand Bend so much more expensive?

Is it the fee to rent the track a lot higher here than at let's say TMP?
Is it because it is new?

For a few more dollars i can do the big track or Calabogy, so someone with a limited budget will not use their money at RTD instead of the big tracks.

Wouldn't it be better to lower the price a bit and have more people participate?

I am honestly asking, not trying to be a smart ***!

RDT should be awesome on a small bike or SM. Big track on a little bike just doesn't seem like fun (and you don't need to worry about ridiculous closing speeds between bikes).

RDT should be awesome on a small bike or SM. Big track on a little bike just doesn't seem like fun (and you don't need to worry about ridiculous closing speeds between bikes).
I have done the big track on a 600 and done this new track on a liter bike, they are both fun.... But to pay that kind of money, I believe most people will want to go play on the big track.

RDT was awesome to test the bike and to have a relaxed no stress day at the track which is what most people probably will go there for but with a healthy price tag

Why is this track so damn expensive?

Same with Pro6, I paid just over that a month ago.

I am all for supporting track providers as I understand it isn't cheap to hire marshals, EMS services, the track rental, the admin and staff, but what makes a day at a small track relative to TMP or Grand Bend so much more expensive?

Is it the fee to rent the track a lot higher here than at let's say TMP?
Is it because it is new?

For a few more dollars i can do the big track or Calabogy, so someone with a limited budget will not use their money at RTD instead of the big tracks.

Wouldn't it be better to lower the price a bit and have more people participate?

I am honestly asking, not trying to be a smart ***!

I appreciate that your not being smart and I understand the concern with the pricing because its the same concerns I had when renting the track.
I do have to tell you that It costs us more to rent, more for marshals, more for staff and so on.
However It is a wonderful track not in disrepair like every other track in Ontario and to me personally I would pay more for that all day long.
I thank you for your concerns and hope to see you there enjoying the day

I appreciate that your not being smart and I understand the concern with the pricing because its the same concerns I had when renting the track.
I do have to tell you that It costs us more to rent, more for marshals, more for staff and so on.
However It is a wonderful track not in disrepair like every other track in Ontario and to me personally I would pay more for that all day long.
I thank you for your concerns and hope to see you there enjoying the day
Thanks, I appreciate the answer. Maybe some feedback to be brought to the people you rent the track from.

Or maybe I am the only one feeling this way, not sure.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. Maybe some feedback to be brought to the people you rent the track from.

You're not the only one. I too was surprised by the relatively high price. Before it opened I was kind of expecting the new track to be on par with Shannonville Long track pricing ($130-$150).

You're not the only one. I too was surprised by the relatively high price. Before it opened I was kind of expecting the new track to be on par with Shannonville Long track pricing ($130-$150).

Yup, I have done one day there early in the season out of convenience todo some testing but now doing the big tracks

I believe DDT cost is 40% over SMP Long.

I have done the big track on a 600 and done this new track on a liter bike, they are both fun.... But to pay that kind of money, I believe most people will want to go play on the big track.

Exactly this for me as well ^. One other thing to note as well; I ride in the Intermediate group on a 600 and the longer tracks tend to bring out less of the "boy-racers" who come to the RDT (you'll work to get around their bad lines in the tight stuff and then pass you on the straight, repeat).

Anyone can rent the track. So if the price is outrageous look into the price for say you and 15 buds. Some of my old biking buds would rent SMP all the time.

I feel like I've asked this once before but is there an option to rent bikes at GP's track days? A friend of mine desperately needs a ride.

yeah, I rented Nelson once. Pretty reasonable price at the time (10 years ago). Get St John's ambulance to show up for a $500 donation and you're good to go.

I have done the big track on a 600 and done this new track on a liter bike, they are both fun....
I did the new RDT/DDT on my liter bike and it was TONS of fun :) I figured there's less of a chance of dying/getting seriously hurt when I don't get out of 2nd gear vs. Mosport big track ;) Love the layout and flow of the new RDT.

See you Sept 1st!

The last set of corners before the 'back straight' were getting ripped up early June. I was being pelted with asphalt. Have they fixed it?

The last set of corners before the 'back straight' were getting ripped up early June. I was being pelted with asphalt. Have they fixed it?

That sandblasting experience was new for me. Took me a few laps to figure out what was going on.

I was there about a month ago and they had applied some sort of paint to the sections that were getting roughed up. Others had no trouble with the paint, but I found it a little slippery; a little slidding under power coming out of the corners. Riding the whole track in 3rd, rather than 2nd and 3rd solved the problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom