My bike was hit in my parking lot | GTAMotorcycle.com

My bike was hit in my parking lot

msatrakkoic

So this evening at around midnight a lady in a city of Toronto pickup sideswiped my bike while it was parked. (I was out). I get home to find that they called the police because apperently when the city is involved they have to. I file a report. The lady officer, young, hot, condescending and bitchy writes rhat np damage was done. I go to start my bike (handlebars are effed) and it starts cranking on its own. I flip the kill switch and pull out thw key and its still going.

So bike is dunzo. I have to call my insurance. I want tp make sure they are held liable. Any advice?

It's in your best interest to file an insurance claim right away, don't sit on it. Your insurance company will hold the city liable, you don't have to worry about that.

It's also a good thing they have this sort of procedure of calling it in when they hit private/public property. At the end of the day, it's the taxpayers that end up paying it anyways...

Yea just go through insurance. Call the city to explain the situation and tell them you would like them to cover anything that is the insurance wont such as some cash for depreciation or if the bike if a write off a top up if required to get you the same bike same condition post crash. They may not budge but them know you will be posting pictures on the damage and tweeting it/ Posting on TO forums about it. This might not do anything but if you keep escalating and complain enough you might get something. But file a claim now.

A lawsuit wont net you any gain cause the with insurance you will only be out a couple of thousand max not worth it.

Advice: Call your insurance asap. Start thinking about where you want it fixed. Will take more time than you think - if you don't have another ride, start checking kijiji for something cheap to acquire and ride in the interval.

I am not an insurance agent but looks like your claim will be fixed under the Direct Compensation - Property Damage (DC-PD) Coverage section of your coverage, which is paid-for by your own insurance company (with no subsequent recovery from the other insurance company), hence you will deal with your own company's adjuster. Under the fault-determination rules you are 0% at-fault, so no deductible will apply and this shouldn't affect your rates... You have no rights to sue or make claims to the other driver/insurance-company. Others have differing opinions on this - ask your agent to confirm this.

Thanks guys. So I called them and since I didnt havr collision ill have to email them pictures of the scene and an estimate and they will determine what if any compensation I will get. Will keep posted

Thanks guys. So I called them and since I didnt havr collision ill have to email them pictures of the scene and an estimate and they will determine what if any compensation I will get. Will keep posted

You had the city drivers details right? not having collision should not matter.

You were not at fault of any sort so you not having collision does not come into play.

Back
Top Bottom