John Gibbons | GTAMotorcycle.com

John Gibbons

Slim Jim

What a complete idiot. The guy had to be the worst manager every. I'm not a Drew Hutchison fan but he was spectacular tonight. 1 hit, 1 walk, and Gibbons takes him out with 2 outs in the eighth, complete useless moron.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Hutchison is coming off Tommy John surgery... He's on a pitch count. And regardless of what you may think of him as a manager overall, Gibbons is regarded by many in the Majors as being superb at managing a pitching staff. Just saying, he likely had good reason to pull him.

It's a love hate relationship with gibby. I hated him last year but this year with the injuries and what not I like him.

He leaves me scratching my head, but smarter guys than me think he's pretty clever. I wanted to see Hutchison finish, but I'm a fan not a manager.

Hutch knew that he was going out in the 9th to try and finish the game. One base runner and he was done. There isn't a single manager on the planet that would have left him in that game. He's fresh off tommy john and there is absolutely no benefit in keeping him out there.
If you think that he's an idiot for that I'm glad he's on the bench and you're on the couch

Hutch knew that he was going out in the 9th to try and finish the game. One base runner and he was done. There isn't a single manager on the planet that would have left him in that game. He's fresh off tommy john and there is absolutely no benefit in keeping him out there.
If you think that he's an idiot for that I'm glad he's on the bench and you're on the couch

He should of given him at least one or two more batters. I'm pretty sure I could do a better job then him.

He should of given him at least one or two more batters. I'm pretty sure I could do a better job then him.

Sure thing.
He threw 115 pitches, which is deeper than any start since surgery. If he hadn't mowed down 20 in a row after 8 he wouldn't have even come out in the 9th.
There is no upside to keeping him out there.

Sure thing.
He threw 115 pitches, which is deeper than any start since surgery. If he hadn't mowed down 20 in a row after 8 he wouldn't have even come out in the 9th.
There is no upside to keeping him out there.

There's nothing wrong with giving him another batter or two. It's a big deal to a pitcher to get a complete game when they can., especially a one hitter. It could of been just a pitch or two and the game could of been over. I think there's going to be changes st the end of the season. This team will not make the playoffs again.

There's nothing wrong with giving him another batter or two. It's a big deal to a pitcher to get a complete game when they can., especially a one hitter. It could of been just a pitch or two and the game could of been over. I think there's going to be changes st the end of the season. This team will not make the playoffs again.

Why is it so important that he does get a complete game? Why is that more important that his long term health? The man is on a pitch count and you want him to go 120, 125, maybe 130 pitches? That plain stupid.
Tell me, what changes are coming at the end of the season. The season that still has 47 games remaining? A season that is arguable the best that they've had in 20 years. It's August and they're in a playoff position. When was the last time that happened? They don't have 3 of their best hitters and they're 7 games above .500.
I wish you luck in your upcoming career as a manager lol

Gibby said on the radio today he told Drew between innings that if he allowed a baserunner he was coming out. There are various reasons why, already stated in this thread.

What would be the point of leaving him in? Player stats shouldn't be a concern of a manager. Team wins are. Gibby showed he's commited to that last night.

If he blew his arm out or walked the bases loaded you would be making this same thread about leaving him on too long.

Gibby said on the radio today he told Drew between innings that if he allowed a baserunner he was coming out. There are various reasons why, already stated in this thread.

What would be the point of leaving him in? Player stats shouldn't be a concern of a manager. Team wins are. Gibby showed he's commited to that last night.

If he blew his arm out or walked the bases loaded you would be making this same thread about leaving him on too long.

There was no harm giving him anoter 1 or 2 batters, personally I don't think he would of needed more then one. If the Jays don't make the playoffs I think both Gibbons and Anthopolous will be gone. When your players open say they are disappointed that no moves were made at the deadline, that isn't good.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Every time, I tell myself, ok let's go watch the Jays and see what's the buzz about ... they suck. You guys have to have a lot of patients to be regulars. I know I know ... Leaf fans have it even worse ... LOL

Oh Christ. They won today. Don't pull a hammy jumping back on the bandwagon.
People like you absolutely crack me up.

I don't jump on and off bandwagons. I like all Toronto teams, but I am a realist, and I know none of them are or will be good enough to win a championship. Carlyle should of been fired, Gibbons should of never been hired again.
Oh and even though they won, they are still out of a playoff spot. lmfao

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Oh Christ. They won today. Don't pull a hammy jumping back on the bandwagon.
People like you absolutely crack me up.

He also thinks a manager should let his promising young pitcher who's had tommy John surgery throw 150 pitches in a 5 run game for whatever reason.

Anyone still think Gibbons is so good manager? What a total waste of flesh he is.
Oh and looks like the playoffs are out of the question lmfao. Even star players are disappointed in management and speaking about the it. It's time to get rid of the junk. They shouldn't wait for the end of the season, they should do it now.

Last edited:
Anthopoulos is a dead man walking after tying himself to this boat anchor with last year's re-signing.

I know it's easy to play the "Fire the coach!" card, but last year was a really a blatant case of "If one student's bad, it's the the student. If the whole class is bad it's the teacher." and I don't see that anyone who paid attention last year would be expecting any different this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom