removing liability during winter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

removing liability during winter?

keljai

Hey everyone, just wondering during storage/winter. Can we tell our insurance broker (statefarm for me) to remove liability to remove the cost during winter months?

You can but it doesn't save you enough to make it worth the effort. Bike insurance is pro-rated heavily for the summer months.

Hey everyone, just wondering during storage/winter. Can we tell our insurance broker (statefarm for me) to remove liability to remove the cost during winter months?

+1 for info above. With SF you pay about 90% of your premium May, June, July & Aug. Not like the old days.

So lets say your insurance is $1200/year and you cancel for Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb. you would save 8% of your premium.
So you would save $96, But also have no fire and theft on your bike during the winter.

What these guys said. I did it one year and it really wasn't worth it. I might've saved a few bucks overall but my monthly was jacked up in the spring which really made more of an impact to my everyday wallet.

I've had other companies just tell me they only charge for 6 months of the year but spread it over the whole year. So even if you cancel for the winter you save 0. State Farm and some others are actually being a little nicer by giving you some money back.

Wonder if that means you could ride all winter for free with one of those other companies? I've never tried to take mine off for the winter or summer.

State Farm and some others are actually being a little nicer by giving you some money back
All depends on when your policy renews. My friends policy renewed May 3rd, sold his bike Sept 1st, had to cut state farm a cheque for $900! My other friends policy renews in October and he cancelled it in April and they cut him a big refund cheque :)

In my case it is worth it cause I'm saving 28% of my annual premium which is substantial.
Is that with State Farm, with a single vehicle policy?

Back
Top Bottom