Toronto to vegas | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto to vegas

LiNK666

Convention next year is at Vegas so I'm thinking of doing a ride there. How plausible is it to do it on a CBR600RR? I'm not much of an outdoor person so I'll bunk in cheap motels. How long would it take to get there? I haven't done a long ride in a few years so it'll be fun or painful.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm a total noob in this regard.

There was another member who did California on a cbr600 2 years ago. So, definitely possible.

Hope you have a good chiropractor. Lol

You're looking at 3 days of 12 hr interstate riding. On an SS? Dunno man.

Wheelie boy did it, as did my friend Michele on her '04 YZF600.

Me, I like a bike set up for a bit more comfort when riding that far.

Wheelie boy did it, as did my friend Michele on her '04 YZF600.

Me, I like a bike set up for a bit more comfort when riding that far.

I think age plays a large part of it.

Definitely possible, not that enjoyable as a trip straight out and back. If you wanted to make an adventure out of it, with a few weeks of travel time you could ride a loop around north america. If you don't have the time to take the long way, I would fly and rent a bike there if you feel the need to ride.

If you're pressed for time take the car. That's what I did for Wyoming. I took the interstate which was lomg & boring.
If you have the time ie 5 dys to get there, take the backroads.

I've done 8 dys of continuous riding on a SS. But with breaks

I think age plays a large part of it.
Certainly. When I was touring on my VFR I found the braking in town put huge pressure on my shoulders and wrists at 39, and at 47 I'm more interested in a bike that will handle rough roads, has decent wind protection, and ergos to handle butt burning rides.

And carve through the twisties...

And take the roads less travelled...

And load up with groceries...

Lol. Is there such a bike?

Back
Top Bottom