Cool old house

IMG_1129.jpg

Adirondack area

IMG_1134.jpg

Stables?

IMG_1136.jpg

Top of Adirondacks

IMG_1169.jpg

Great shots. I was through Lake Placid last Saturday and of course got rain in all the good bits. I hope you faired better.

Last edited:
Doesn't that suck when you hit the hairlpins on a wet road?

Did you camp or hotel it?

I pre-booked the hotels and then I build a route around where I'll be staying for the night. I'm a worry wort at times so knowing I'll have a dry bed for the night is great for my peace of mind.

I tend to get like that around 6pm, as when I ride solo I rarely book ahead. I hate schedules while riding. Lol.

Nice! Beautiful pics. Bird looks good too :thumbleft:
Got any GPX files, or GoogleMap? Looks like a nice scenic ride... and I'm thinking of finally doing a PA ride this weekend.

Thanks.

this is more less the route I took. I missed certain roads that I wanted to go on, but it was still a fun trip and it gives me an excuse to go back to the area in the fall

http://goo.gl/maps/pqzyk

Sunday was the rain day, so I just took Hwy 6 all the way to Port Jervis. It sucked but it was a heavy downpour so I just wanted to reach my destination.

Tuesday was getting home day, so it was mostly 401. I left Plattsburgh at 730am in hopes of avoiding GTA traffic. I did pretty well until Warden and 401. I rolled into my driveway at 3:30pm.

Last edited:
ADV....I might as well and know the area. I was going to leave today given the lovely forecast

but it got stupid busy - so uncertain now. I put on an easy 150k after two months off travelling and damn was I sore.....yet did 1600km in 36 hours in May including lots of twists and felt fine....go figure. Guess my joints were confused from 11,000 miles in an SUV in Alaska in 3 weeks.:rolleyes: Even in the van I kept looking for the shift position in the AWD.

Anyways.....set up a thread if you like or PM me ....I tend to be spur of the moment.
It's always nice first time to have someone knows the region.

For sure you want to cover all of 44/144 from Coudersport and S of Renovo and Wykoff Run to the west of Renovo at the iron bridge ...turn left off 120 at the bridge and get on the afterburners....it's a terrific 10 miles of fun.

No cell service in most areas so take an offline map on your phone.

Watch for cops in NY - they have reciprocity with Ontario and there is little to get interested in north of PA.
PA - very different :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom