Labrador highway. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Labrador highway.

Been in St John's for a bit now, got screeched in last night on George St, and running across the island to catch the night ferry tomorrow -- then Cabot trail bound.

Clockwise or counter clockwise? Meat Cove? You have to do Meat Cove.

Go counter, the view is better.

I've done that run, and part of it in the dark behind a tractor trailer for safety. He'd tap his brake lights to warn me of Moose ahead. It was a bit nerve wracking.

Go counter, the view is better.

I've done that run, and part of it in the dark behind a tractor trailer for safety. He'd tap his brake lights to warn me of Moose ahead. It was a bit nerve wracking.
That's the plan since I'll be coming from north Sydney.

Today is a horrible day to cross newfoundland, rainy all day and I've discovered that none of my gear described as waterproof really is -- including my velocity heated gloves or the boots I'm wearing. Anyway, I'm about 1/2 way across the island now.

I hit bad rain on the way to Moncton on Friday and found my previously waterproof gortex boots let water in at the toes. Further, the taped seams of my rain pants are no longer taped in the crotch, and wet balls just aren't any fun.

The same thing happened to me from St. John's to Badger NFLD. This pair hasn't lasted as long. Lol.

Ride safe and enjoy the scenery!

My Location: N 47°1'34.71", W 60°33'33.50"

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=loc:47.02631,-60.55931

I'm at Meat Cove. WHERE IS THE MEAT, INREB?

Seriously though, lure me here with the guise of a cove full of meat, and all I get is a decent 30km road that helped skin my chicken strips.

Oh, and there is 9 km of gravel, but it is hard packed, 50 degree left turn lean angle, kind of gravel.

Ok, back to riding, will check in later.

Last edited:
It's time to share some pictures when you wake up. :D

It's time to share some pictures when you wake up. :D

Working on it... in the meantime, here is the route:
bcEVLLo.png

And video of some of the gravel, although not the worst of it:
[video=youtube_share;saQr-GTfYFY]http://youtu.be/saQr-GTfYFY[/video]

Very awesome! We did almost the same route but didn't make it across to St John's. Isn't the Lab highway unreal??? Unfortunately we didn't see ANY wildlife. At all. What's the next adventure plans?

Back
Top Bottom