Mileage | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mileage

I have 3 colleagues who ride only 3,000 kms a year, have only been riding for 2-3 years. I invited them several times to ride together but they were so timid with the word "twisty roads" so they never showed up for the ride. The only twisty road they know or ever heard of is the Forks.

One of them told me that he tried to get rid of his chicken strip every time he turned at the traffic light :D

So i guess my almost 20k km new bike is worth scrap value in the gta? I find the chicken strip and hi mileage talk amusing. I guess if I had nothing but on ramps, the dvp and reppin my crew to do my bike would be worth more and have 1/5 the km. Guess I can never sell it :rolleyes:

My 2006 DL650 V-Strom has 202,000+ km. It is parked in my hanger and last time I tried (last year) it ran just fine. I basically retired it when I bougth my 2012 DL650 V-Strom in March of 2012. The 2012 turned over 104,000 km on the way in to work this morning. I know of a couple V-Stroms with more mileage than my 2006 and there are a number of other bikes that I know of that have lots of KM's on them as well..

I don't know why people are so worried about mileage.

..Tom

$14k lein ? WTF!
I guess original owner financed the bike, including taxes in 2009 it was probably 14k, sold the bike to this dumb *** without letting him know there was a lien on it. Dumb *** was so excited for whatever good deal he got that didn't bother to check the uvip. dumb *** wrecked the bike and now is trying to do to someone else the same thing it was done to him.... I guess!

So i guess my almost 20k km new bike is worth scrap value in the gta? I find the chicken strip and hi mileage talk amusing. I guess if I had nothing but on ramps, the dvp and reppin my crew to do my bike would be worth more and have 1/5 the km. Guess I can never sell it :rolleyes:
My 2010 GSXR 750 has 60k on it (I hardly been riding for the past 2 years since I started racing), it will be entertaining to put an add for a fair price of let's say 6k and see the low balls or people freaking out about the "high Mileage"

My 2006 DL650 V-Strom has 202,000+ km. It is parked in my hanger and last time I tried (last year) it ran just fine. I basically retired it when I bougth my 2012 DL650 V-Strom in March of 2012. The 2012 turned over 104,000 km on the way in to work this morning. I know of a couple V-Stroms with more mileage than my 2006 and there are a number of other bikes that I know of that have lots of KM's on them as well..

I don't know why people are so worried about mileage.

..Tom
Your bike is not high revving, doesn't count :)

I sold my SV with 68,000kms, in a week. The buyer said it was the best maintained of six he had seen with half the kilometerage or less.

I sold my SV with 68,000kms, in a week. The buyer said it was the best maintained of six he had seen with half the kilometerage or less.

In the gta? My friends know I just got my bike in April but when they ask have in ridden it much I usually get the mouth drop. It still looks perfectly new minus one tiny rock chip in the front.

When or if I ever sell it, it will not be advertised in Toronto I can tell you that much.

I met a guy at the forks with a blue r1 bike looked mint but had 90,000k

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

In the gta? My friends know I just got my bike in April but when they ask have in ridden it much I usually get the mouth drop. It still looks perfectly new minus one tiny rock chip in the front.

When or if I ever sell it, it will not be advertised in Toronto I can tell you that much.

I sold my FZ6 within a week (think it may have been 3-4 days, but could be wrong), had 115k km. It was priced fairly and I had a number of people inquiring about it. As long as the price reflects the mileage, I don't think you'll have any issues selling it.

It's the dreamers that price their bikes that have 50k km at the same price as those that have 5k km and then get pissy that it doesn't sell. Higher mileage equals lower price

Your bike is not high revving, doesn't count :)

Yeqh I know it doesn't rev like a CBR600RR, but it sees redline (only 10,000 rpm on the 2012) several times every day.

..Tom

I sold my FZ6 within a week (think it may have been 3-4 days, but could be wrong), had 115k km. It was priced fairly and I had a number of people inquiring about it. As long as the price reflects the mileage, I don't think you'll have any issues selling it.

It's the dreamers that price their bikes that have 50k km at the same price as those that have 5k km and then get pissy that it doesn't sell. Higher mileage equals lower price
Well said. 2 sides to every story. I can see someone with a well maintained high mileage bike asking for the same price as a 5k km bike.
Yeqh I know it doesn't rev like a CBR600RR, but it sees redline (only 10,000 rpm on the 2012) several times every day.

..Tom

Just pulling your leg man

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I have a buddy with a 99 VFR800 years ago the odometer stopped working at 300,00km so considering 5-6 years later he still rides just as much it would be safe to say 500,000 km is on the bike. I know for years car oil was used in the bike and this person even was using farm machine chain, well until one broke and took out his clutch housing.
Whats the old saying ..Honda it takes a licking but keeps on ticking or was that a watch lol. Anyway 10,000 on a bike is nothing.

Agreed, my buddy had a 1996 Fireblade that had almost 110,000kms on it and ran like a dream... well that was until the cabbie hit him in downtown TO and wrote off the bike.

I met a guy at the Forks, Honda 954 @ 63K. He rode in from Thornhill and fully expected to make it back home that same day. As he peeled from the parking lot I whipped out and furiously waved my hankerchief yelling GODSPEED!!

I met a guy at the Forks, Honda 954 @ 63K. He rode in from Thornhill and fully expected to make it back home that same day. As he peeled from the parking lot I whipped out and furiously waved my hankerchief yelling GODSPEED!!

63?? Bro, I've got 67.

Getting something else?

Back
Top Bottom