Mileage | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mileage

I have 3 colleagues who ride only 3,000 kms a year, have only been riding for 2-3 years. I invited them several times to ride together but they were so timid with the word "twisty roads" so they never showed up for the ride. The only twisty road they know or ever heard of is the Forks.

One of them told me that he tried to get rid of his chicken strip every time he turned at the traffic light :D
Lol.. The existence of these type of riders doesn't surprise me. What kind of bikes are we talking about here ? Supersports ?

All good points.

Me thinks that 10K mileage on a TO bike would be beat the thing up from all the congestion within the city.

One more thing to add to my list of questions....where was the bike ridden all it's life ?

Not sure what you mean? You will put 10k on your bike in no time. So after that you consider your bike "beat"?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Not sure what you mean? You will put 10k on your bike in no time. So after that you consider your bike "beat"?

Ok, put another way with a question.

If you had a choice between identical bikes with identical 10K mileage, one being ridden in downtown TO all it's life, the other out of the GTA like Georgetown, which bike would be in better overall condition for wear and tear?

Ok, put another way with a question.

If you had a choice between identical bikes with identical 10K mileage, one being ridden in downtown TO all it's life, the other out of the GTA like Georgetown, which bike would be in better overall condition for wear and tear?

I dont think where its rode has any bearing.. More to do with .. Maintenance. Dont forget that bikes are built to be rode. Doesn't matter where you ride it

I dont think where its rode has any bearing.. More to do with .. Maintenance. Dont forget that bikes are built to be rode. Doesn't matter where you ride it

Fully agree with this reply. I'm at 22k this season on a brand new bike and it's been properly maintained/serviced since minute one. It still looks as spotless as the day I brought it home. That said it could be the other way around if I didn't look after it. Depends on the owner and how they treat it. Location of riding doesn't much matter.

Depends on the owner and how they treat it. Location of riding doesn't much matter.

I have to slightly disagree with you Roomie. There is another factor that come into play which is the type of bike itself. I wouldn't want to buy a sportbike (high performance engine) from someone who is a city rider. I went to work several times with my gixxer last year and it hurt me so bad to see how hot the engine was in a stop and go situation. Overheat is never good for the engine, good oil will help but not if that happens every day.

I prefer to buy a sportbike from someone like you who actually ride and know motorcycle. On the other hand I would buy a bike like CBR250 from someone who is a city rider, not you since I know you will definitely beat the ****** out of the engine which is not what the bike is built for :D

I wouldn't beat a 250. I'd have an absolute ton of fun on one and maybe ride it a little harder than some :D
I understand your point though. Valid.

Location of riding doesn't much matter.

Every thing else being equal, how can it not matter much? Everybody knows multiple short hops are going to cause more wear and tear than one hiway trip of equal distance.

Every thing else being equal, how can it not matter much? Everybody knows multiple short hops are going to cause more wear and tear than one hiway trip of equal distance.

This is true, but it's not exactly the end of the world. My previous FZ6 spent three seasons going to downtown and back, 50km roundtrip every day in majority stop and go traffic. On top of the regular mileage I do running around town. Was none the worse for wear because of it

Back
Top Bottom