Rider Fatality 507 Today | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider Fatality 507 Today

RIP rider. When I saw the reports on the 11 PM news all they said was "police believe speed was a factor and that the bike crossed the center line and hit the SUV head on" Then the second bike "went down"

Matt - I was with him this day, just a few hours before the crash.

Another GTAM member and myself had just gone down the 507 and were taking a break at the gas station at the bottom. There were a group of sportbikes there, and I recognized some fellow TTSR members.

We chatted with them, and with Matt a lot. They invited us to join there ride, and we went with them back up the 507.

When we got to the top, we all took a group photo together.

We followed them across the 503 and then went our separate ways.

Trying to get that picture.

FML. I'm in disbelief. I was laughing, joking and smiling with him just hours earlier.

R.I.P. Matt (O.P.P.)

G.W.S. to the injured rider.

I hope his family finds the strength to get through this difficult time.

I hope the six other riders who were with him are ok. Much love to the TTSR community.

Heartbreaking news. I just met Matt a few hours before this happened...

R.I.P. and deepest condolences to his family and friends. I had been really looking forward to riding with him again.

Rip Matt Huber, gws patrick

From cp24
HALIBURTON, Ont. -- A 37 year old Pickering man is dead after his motorcycle collided with an SUV near Gooderham in the Haliburton area northeast of Orillia.
Police say Matthew Huber was pronounced dead at the scene yesterday on County Road 3 at Alsop.
A second motorcycle was also involved, but police say the rider from Toronto suffered only minor injuries.
They say the 66 year old Ottawa man driving the SUV also sustained a minor injury.
There's no word on whether charges are pending.

From Peterborough examiner
Matthew Huber, 37, of Pickering was pronounced dead at the scene. The second motorcyclist, Patrick Mikanagu, 32, from Toronto suffered minor injuries, as did the SUV driver, Tom Saunders, 66, of Ottawa.

Last edited:
I was at the gas station today & a lady told me about this. Sad to hear

Sent from my tablet using my paws

A few of us did that route yesterday. .. So sad.. RIP Rider

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RIP Matt ... GWS Patrick
this is definitely sad news ...May he always be smiling and riding the twisties up above

don't really mean to bump this. i was there with them on the ride. Patrick is okay and healing up, but its really sad to see someones life get taken away infront of your eyes.

this was a huge reality check, a lot of us, me included need to realize we're not superhuman. Ride safe everybody

Back
Top Bottom