Monday August 4th - Muskoka Awaits | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Monday August 4th - Muskoka Awaits

You can do it on a gixxer, but carefully, especially in the areas where you are going downhill, and coming up to a tight curve. As for Chemical Rd, I can't remember if it's paved or not, but I recall that the road it links up with - Deadhorse Trail - was a hard packed gravel/dirt road and my vague recollection is that Chemical Rd is not paved.

Well today I took Nipissing Rd from Hwy 518 to 520 in Magnetawan. It's gravel, and not hard packed gravel, but the loose stuff, I couldn't go more than 40-50 km/h, which took quite a while. Then when you get to within a few kms of Magnetawan, it becomes paved, but very old bumpy pavement.

Another road I was on today was Tally-Ho Swords road which goes from Hwy 141 to Hwy 518, it was great. Highway 518 is awesome too, although I only took it from Tally-Ho swords to Nipissing, but it was newly paved.

Then I took 124 up to South River, and was gonna try Chemical road, but it was loose gravel so I just turned around and came back, I'd had enough gravel for one day. Another road I discovered today was Road 592 which runs alongside Hwy 11 from Burk's Falls about half way to Huntsville, then joins up with 11.

Back
Top Bottom