August 3 2014 East Gwillimbury | GTAMotorcycle.com

August 3 2014 East Gwillimbury

Gws
a woman has suffered life-threatening injuries after a motorcycle collision in east gwillimbury on sunday.

police say the female was a passenger on the motorcycle when it collided with a car on leslie street just north of holborn road at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

she was airlifted to hospital and the male motorcyclist, who suffered minor injuries, was taken to hospital by land ambulance.

police say leslie street will be closed from queensville sideroad to boag road for several hours.

york regional police`s collision resconstruction unit is investigating.

Reading now that the woman has passed away as well. RIP. Terrible day for motorcyclists yesterday.
http://m.680news.com/2014/08/04/woman-dies-after-motorcycle-crash-in-east-gwillimbury/

York Region police say a woman has died of her injuries after a motorcycle crash in East Gwillimbury.

The collision between the motorcycle and another vehicle happened around 5 p.m. on Sunday on Leslie Street near Holborn Road.

Police say the woman was a passenger on the motorcycle and was airlifted to a Toronto trauma centre.

My uncles brother was the rider. Apparently, he's so heavily drugged at the moment that he hasn't process that his wife hasn't made it.

A stopped car was on the shoulder in a marked 80 zone, and u-turned right in front of them... no chance.

They were on their way to a BBQ and almost took the car, but when one of their teenage kids opted out of joining them, they ditched the car for the bike.

RIP...

My uncles brother was the rider. Apparently, he's so heavily drugged at the moment that he hasn't process that his wife hasn't made it.

A stopped car was on the shoulder in a marked 80 zone, and u-turned right in front of them... no chance.

They were on their way to a BBQ and almost took the car, but when one of their teenage kids opted out of joining them, they ditched the car for the bike.

RIP...

Sad to hear

One of my neighbors who's a good friend of this riders brother told me about this accident. It's almost the same type of accident I came across about 10 yrs. ago which I"ll never forget. I was driving up to the in laws cottage when I saw a rider lying at the side of the road and his bike down by the ditch with an OPP cruiser just in front. The cop was just sitting in the cruiser and rider was in pretty bad shape, mother in law who was a RN did what she could until ambulance came. Rider recovered but will have pins & screws in his leg forever. Cop was in bad shape too in a mental sense.....rider said the the cop was parked on the other side of the rode and all of the sudden, he made a u turn and hit him square at the side of the bike with the front of the cruiser.

Obviously an accident that should not have happened but they do. Point is, if you ever see a parked car at the side of the road (any side & any car including police) with the driver in it.....be careful, try to look for their head for any movements. Ride safe all!

Its crazy, but it happens a lot. people miss a turn, or they're lost etc etc. They just turn their brains off. Trust no car. Ever. And even then you may not miss them.

Condolences to the rider and his family.

U turn accidents happens suddenly and the outcomes are usually devastating, SLOW DOWN when you see the signs of a possible U turner.

Back
Top Bottom