Brand new rider! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brand new rider!

exwrx

hello people, i am a new rider from walkerton. picked up my first bike thursday afternoon. i got a honda cb600f. bike seems to fit me pretty good. the bike has a couple light mods to it. d+d exhaust, underbody fairing and couple sets of mirrors. i believe it only needs a chain for safety which i bought a new one atroyal distrib before i picked the bike up thursday.

i dont plan on riding the bike this year due to other priorities in life (cant wait for spring... haha) i have to get my m1 next year and dicide on the insurance company i am going to go with. my question is should i put the new chain on this year or wait till next spring so the lube is not exposed to the air over the next few months? i got a D.I.D. 525 x120 chain. i believe i gotta shorten it to 110 to work.

i was wondering if anyone has a icon over load prime leather coat. XL seems to fit good. also looking for a helmet.

Welcome.

How come you can't get your M1 now? Also you might want to call around about insurance quotes now. I don't know how old you are or how they bracket that bike but buying a bike before getting a quote can be risky.

i have called to a couple insurance companys, state farm, jeivco, riders plus. the rate was around where i figured for a sport touring. i am holding back on riding because i have bigger pritorities for this year. i got a house that needs around $4000 in renos, and a wedding coming up soon so i know its a smart move not a fun move. i have been wondering if i should do the training course in the spring aswell to help me become a better rider. what does that cost roughly? i will be 29 at the end of the year.

i have called to a couple insurance companys, state farm, jeivco, riders plus. the rate was around where i figured for a sport touring. i am holding back on riding because i have bigger pritorities for this year. i got a house that needs around $4000 in renos, and a wedding coming up soon so i know its a smart move not a fun move. i have been wondering if i should do the training course in the spring aswell to help me become a better rider. what does that cost roughly? i will be 29 at the end of the year.
Yeah, I highly recommend a course. I'm not sure about others but mine was about $400 I think.

welcome

Welcome to the forum. RTI. Best money you'll ever spend. Great instructors and you just need to being yourself and gear.

Welcome.
+1 for the course. Do it. It will save you big money in a long run.

Welcome to the forum, I am a new rider this year and took the course, money well spent, most colleges offer it and some independent companies do it aswell, roughly around 400 bucks... But again money well spent. Good luck with everything.

Welcome.
I took the course at Humber. They offer a Tuesday Wednesday Thursday course that had 20 students with 5 instructors.
$400 is about right.

Back
Top Bottom