Heading to Portland Oregon on Wednesday/Thursday | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heading to Portland Oregon on Wednesday/Thursday

dori

I am going to a conference (Djangocon at end of August) and will ride the '08 KLR that I bought and prepped for the trip. I will be working remotely along the trip (programming) and will be camping and cooking, etc. It will be low cost. I have a few alternatives for routes and I haven't yet decided exactly what I'll do (thus the adventure nature of the trip).

Does anybody want to join me for the starting legs of the trip? There will be camping involved and likely riding into the forest to find safe spots away from the road). The 3 starting alternatives I see are Buffalo, Detroit, or Tobermory/Manitoulin. Initially I was planning on stopping by in Columbus OH, and Las Vegas NV, for PyOhio and DefCon respectivelly. I set a route through Denver. Since that is no longer an part of the plan (as my lack of preparedness caused me to postpone the departure) I am leaning towards a Canadian wilderness ride (avoiding the prairies through the north). However, I was planning on stopping at some motorbike stores in the US (as well as REI) to get some necessary supplies such as summer hiking boots and a mesh bike jacket. My helmet is falling apart too (well, only the visor - don't really need that for adventure riding anyway right? I should check if goggles fit).

I know this is short notice, but if anyone wants to ride even if just for the day, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom