multiculturism | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

multiculturism

OP, if you're not First Nations, then you are a descendent of immigrants.

Please, my little bunny, stop feeling so entitled, and go out there and make your mark! :bunny: Work like the Orientals, who work like dogs. Say "yes" to every opportunity even if it means cleaning poo off of toilets. Then, with all your new found knowledge and humility, you, too, can start your own business and start making real money.

Until then, if you expect a handout (like the other "immigrants"), then I wish you "good luck"!

Please, my little bunny, stop feeling so entitled, and go out there and make your mark! :bunny: Work like the Orientals, who work like dogs. Say "yes" to every opportunity even if it means cleaning poo off of toilets. Then, with all your new found knowledge and humility, you, too, can start your own business and start making real money.

Until then, if you expect a handout (like the other "immigrants"), then I wish you "good luck"!

Yep, too many lazy incompetent nowadays that are babied by their parents.

OP is Canadian Korean I believe.

After 2008, I lost my job in my field of study & had hell finding a new one. I took a really ****** job just to pass the time & I actually picked up a skill. Now I'm kinda in a trade & its starting to pay well. Just 2 days ago, I changed jobs that paid even more & have an opportunity to be permanent. I've had 3 jobs in the last year, not because I'm a bad worker but I'm going to whoever is willing to pay.

I have a dirty job now, but it pays much better than what I did originally & they are always looking for people. I can go in any city & get hits for this job which I love because I don't think I want to stay in Ontario

I recommend you voice your issues into a bullhorn deep in the midst of Caribana this weekend.

Yep, too many lazy incompetent nowadays that are babied by their parents.

The ones in Markham who's parents buy them Beemers to drive (subjective) to school?

I agree with OP

1. Multiculturalism is an epic failure.

2. Many immigrants brought in too fast. Rather them intergrading into the canadian life style. They are forming their mini countries within canada

3. Even the second generation kids are hanging out with their own kind.

4. No one gives a squirt of piss about canada.. They all are talking about back home

5. Whats with all the flags and stickers on your cars, for example, Filipinos etc.. If you are so in love with your country why did you leave? You hypocrite... Its like me offering you shelter in my house from a storm and you keep talking about how your house is much better

6. Way too many third world refugees, canada has accepted more third world refugees in the last 5 years then the rest of the world combined.

7. This all ends up to more tax revenue and citizens with lower standards of living expectations. Which all benefit politicians

How about the terrible drivers? Three cars turning left after a red light has become the norm in toronto as in many third world countries

8. United we stand and divided we fall. More importantly we are easier to rule.

9. I am an immigrant, that married out side his race. I have a biracial child.

10. First step in the right direction is removing the dual passport law. If you are coming to canada at the very least you should be committed to being canadian all be it just in theory.

How can we succeed as a nation when the first question out second generation kids as each other is "what nationality are you"?

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I do agree with you in some points, too many immigrants in too little time.

I was actually very happy when the Canadian government imposed to a few countries visa restrictions to visit Canada, a few years ago.

A lot of people from where I was born where claiming "refugee status" and living the life for a few years until their case was either accepted (very few true claimants) or rejected (an alarming majority). All this with our tax dollars, which pi$$ed me right the f*ck off.

About the dual passport law, I'm not sure how to feel about that, I worked very hard to acquire Canadian citizenship and I'm proud to say that I earned it. But I'm also very proud of being [redacted] and it would be a shame that I'd have to surrender that passport if the law changed.

It's parents' responsibility to raise second generation kids to be true Canadian patriots, I know I would.

Your number 5 point made me chuckle; some of my family members jokingly (but not really) call me traitor because I've embraced Canada, and all that this country is, so much.

On Canada day I tweeted this:

#mycanada is the one place where all religions, races and languages are respected and cultured

Best country ever!!

Last edited:

After 2008, I lost my job in my field of study & had hell finding a new one. I took a really ****** job just to pass the time & I actually picked up a skill. Now I'm kinda in a trade & its starting to pay well. Just 2 days ago, I changed jobs that paid even more & have an opportunity to be permanent. I've had 3 jobs in the last year, not because I'm a bad worker but I'm going to whoever is willing to pay.

I have a dirty job now, but it pays much better than what I did originally & they are always looking for people. I can go in any city & get hits for this job which I love because I don't think I want to stay in Ontario

What did you do before and what do you do now? Just curious.

I don't know about most of your rant, but I felt I would share what I see and hear every day.

I work at a very multicultural place. In fact, I am trying to think of anyone else in my section that was born in Canada, and I can't think of any. My section consists of Indians, Polish, Portuguese, Filipino, Chinese, Vietnamese, Jamaican, Dominican, and possibly a few others. I am Canadian born, but parents are immigrants (European).

For the most part I appreciate multiculturalism. I think it enriches life with different styles, sights, and sounds, and all of these people I get along with.

Now for the politically incorrect part:

With differences there are going to be some tension, but lately (perhaps due to my proximity to Brampton) I cannot get over the amount of bitching and moaning I hear about Indians and Pakistanis, these complaints include:

1) A large percentage of the Indians and Pakistanis that work where we work seem to try harder to not work than the effort they put in.

2) Along with #1 we have a disproportionate number of Indians and Pakistanis on 'modified duties' or on short term disabilities.

3) Along with #2, my workplace has a lot of handicap parking spaces -- over 100 -- yet every day they are completely full and handicap stickered cars are parking with the rest of us. Who is parking in the handicap spaces? You guessed it, Indian and Pakistani. Are the disabilities real? I have no idea.

4) My manager who makes roughly $100k/year is an Indian guy. He goes on and on about how him and his wife continue to live with his parents and brothers and sisters. Other people then complain and say no wonder their kids will never own a house on their own when there are certain people that live 10+ to a house and don't have an issue with high housing costs or property taxes because they divide it by 10+. Maybe they are the ones being smart, but I certainly couldn't live like that.

5) The industry I work in is somewhat related to the trucking industry. There is always lots of talk about how trucking used to be a decent career. Now the Sikhs have undercut to the point where truckers barely make over minimum wage because Sikhs do it for less, then don't bother to maintain their trucks. I don't know too much about that, but I do see truckers every day that can barely speak English and can barely drive a truck, and I cannot help but wonder how they got their license. I also see a lot of local trucks (i.e. don't pass through weigh scales) that are literally falling apart. Holes in the floor, doors that barely open or close, lift-gates that are held up by wire -- truly horrendous mechanical conditions. Every day I have certain trucks that I tell the driver if they want to be offloaded they are doing it themselves, because my forklift drivers are not going on their trucks.

6) Finally, I hear talk about if there is a scam in play, there is an Indian or Pakistani behind it. From car insurance fraud to real estate fraud, you name it. I've spoken to real estate agents that say if an Indian or Pakistani is involved, they try to avoid the deal as it isn't worth the hassle.

Now this is just some of what I keep hearing coming out of the mouths of many different ethnicities -- and as I said none of them are Canadian born, very few are white, but they all share one common complaint. I wonder if all of this is just due to my proximity to Brampton and due to the number of Indian and Pakistani immigrants there we are bound to run into the 'bad apples', or is there something in those cultures that perpetuates lying, cheating, and laziness?

Now, I'd better put on my flame suit, as I have a feeling I am going to take some heat over this one!

Ahhhh, I thought you had changed. You used to be a funny easy-going dude, then years ago you turned into a hater of pretty much everything. Glad to hear things are picking up for you. I hope we get to see the old you soon!

[...]

Now this is just some of what I keep hearing coming out of the mouths of many different ethnicities -- and as I said none of them are Canadian born, very few are white, but they all share one common complaint. I wonder if all of this is just due to my proximity to Brampton and due to the number of Indian and Pakistani immigrants there we are bound to run into the 'bad apples', or is there something in those cultures that perpetuates lying, cheating, and laziness?

Princess's Man thinks it might be a difference between the Haves and Have-Nots.

The South Asian Haves seem to be highly educated, hard-working, and respectable. Most of Princess's Man's friends who are South Asian are in finance and work in the banking industry.

Princess's Man's only encounter with the Have-Nots was around York U. The driver, a South Asian with missing teeth and looking like a bum, cut Princess's Man off hitting Princess's Man's bumper. The driver didn't even stop and Princess's Man had to chase him down while Princess's Man called 911. The driver finally stopped, and didn't even apologize. All he told me that he was late for work and that there was no damage to Princess's Man's car, so he wanted to leave. Princess's Man really didn't like this man. Anyway, whether or not that's reflective of his culture, Princess's Man doesn't know...

He was the in the auto industry and now a male prostitute. It's the only explanation.
Yeh, pretty much!!
Ahhhh, I thought you had changed. You used to be a funny easy-going dude, then years ago you turned into a hater of pretty much everything. Glad to hear things are picking up for you. I hope we get to see the old you soon!
What did I do this time?

Yeh, pretty much!!

What did I do this time?
What? No hidden meaning, I wrote what I meant. I thought it was revealing that you went through that career crisis around the time that (I think) your personality changed on GTAM.

What? No hidden meaning, I wrote what I meant. I thought it was revealing that you went through that career crisis around the time that (I think) your personality changed on GTAM.

OK, sorry didn't pick that up. I tend to misread things sometimes, I think I might be getting old.
But in a nutshell, I think you figured it out.

However, we've always had opposing views. No denying there

Yeh, pretty much!!

What did I do this time?

OK, sorry didn't pick that up. I tend to misread things sometimes, I think I might be getting old.
But in a nutshell, I think you figured it out.

However, we've always had opposing views. No denying there

This thread just got serious.

Princess's Man's only encounter with the Have-Nots was around York U. The driver, a South Asian with missing teeth and looking like a bum, cut Princess's Man off hitting Princess's Man's bumper. The driver didn't even stop and Princess's Man had to chase him down while Princess's Man called 911. The driver finally stopped, and didn't even apologize. All he told me that he was late for work and that there was no damage to Princess's Man's car, so he wanted to leave. Princess's Man really didn't like this man. Anyway, whether or not that's reflective of his culture, Princess's Man doesn't know...

Lightcycle noticed that Princess's Man broke character.

first sorry for the wrong spelling and grammer.

to those who think questioning multiculturalism is a direct attack on their kind.. get a life.

If I was an entitled person living on government handouts, why would I complain that the taxes are so high?

the wealth gap mostly works against the immigrant population as all of you know. So why would I complain about the inequality?

maybe I know that the whole idea of shipping in freeloaders from every part of the world may not be sustainable for the middle class?

I make 60k a year and have no debt of any kind. I am taxed too much already. And knowing all this money is doing only two things is maddening. One going to the politicians pay, two going to handouts for the freeloaders.

The Chinese will ultimately take over this Country. And I can't blame them.
They believe still, you need to work to earn a living, unlike most other ethnicities who think procreating is a major source of income.

oh wait.. the Chinese already took over.

Back
Top Bottom