insurance for track bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

insurance for track bikes?

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
anyone know if we can get fire and theft for track bikes. obviously no road use type insurance(liability etc)

you mean like... do you have to legitimately own the property?? lol

I guess I haven't legitimately owned my last four roadrace and MX bikes. Lol

I guess I haven't legitimately owned my last four roadrace and MX bikes. Lol

If someone out there had a real ownership for one and said it was stolen, could they not be taken from you?

State Farm covers mine for fire / theft - but yes, it does have to be registered

My bike is registered to my name, as soon as I said it was a race bike they said they won't insure it at all. Which broker and how much do you pay for how much coverage?

My bike is registered to my name, as soon as I said it was a race bike they said they won't insure it at all. Which broker and how much do you pay for how much coverage?

Probably used to be his street bike...

If someone out there had a real ownership for one and said it was stolen, could they not be taken from you?

One race bike had a US salvage title
Other one was a blank frame

Both MX bikes were never registered after original purchase, one i had the original reciept from hully gully, one I actually ended up getting an ownership for so I could sell it more easily

Probably used to be his street bike...

Mine was a street bike. So technically I should have had it safetied and insured, then switch it to fire theft? I guess the issue would be covering the parts on it that cost more than the bike itself.

One race bike had a US salvage title
Other one was a blank frame

Both MX bikes were never registered after original purchase, one i had the original reciept from hully gully, one I actually ended up getting an ownership for so I could sell it more easily

Ahh I see. I would love to see how an insurance company would insure a blank frame for theft :D

Mine was a street bike. So technically I should have had it safetied and insured, then switch it to fire theft? I guess the issue would be covering the parts on it that cost more than the bike itself.

That's how I had fire and theft at one time on my race bike wih SF. Was a street bike I had on the road first.

Ive been thinking of buying a track day bike. If it's a salvage title can I still get fire and theft?

Thank you for the quick response

I guess there's no way to insure it for theft at all then?

Jones Brown ins, call them.

They're minimum policy isn't cheap but depending on your bike it could be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom