Chatham final M test route | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chatham final M test route

motoman

Hi guys has anyone here recently taken there final m test in chatham. If you have could you give me an idea of the route. I was told by the guy i just bought my bike from he had just taken it and he said that he did not have to go on the 401?. Also if you have any tips that would be great.

Hi guys has anyone here recently taken there final m test in chatham. If you have could you give me an idea of the route. I was told by the guy i just bought my bike from he had just taken it and he said that he did not have to go on the 401?. Also if you have any tips that would be great.

Same as any other test site. Keep your head moving as you go through intersections and drive ways.

Learn what an emergency pullover is. When turning left onto a two lane rd, turn into the left lane, then immediately change lanes into the right lane. (The last part is where I lost points for my M last year)

I took my M2 exit (full M) test with st.clair college in chatham. I know that route and what they are looking for. Not sure on the ministry's route. I could give you a few tips if you want them of what they are looking for. I live in chatham as well.

Yes bradsma anything you have would be a big help.How was the course i was thinking of taking the same one.

I just moved to Chatham last week and will be testing for my M license early next month (October). So far its just been back and forth to work... 1/4 mile, so I haven't been out much. Does anyone know the general route of for bike testing? I wouldn't mind doing the route once before my test.

You should not need to know the route. If you cannot safely operate a motorcycle on public roads without forehand knowledge of the road then you need to get more practice. 401 riding or not, none of this should be an issue when you go in for your M license.

The only tips are do not break any laws. The one that is not obvious is make massive over exaggerated shoulder checks. They want to see that you are shoulder checking, and for them to really notice you need to over do it.... and do it often, if you think you have done it enough do it more. Other then that, just obey the rules of the road.

Be seen looking towards potential hazards. Shopping mall driveways, funeral parlour driveways etc.
Stop a little behind the line, as their angle from back there might make it look like you're over the stop bar.

Ask questions if you need to before you go. Some might want you to keep up with traffic, others will want you to stay under the speed limit.
Work out a signal beforehand to let them know if the transmitter isn't working, or has come loose.

Flash or show your brake lights on the off ramps, even is nobody is behind you.

Last edited:
Okay, these are all good tips. You're right, the route doesn't really matter. The rules are pretty much the same everywhere.

I put my guesses as to a possible route in the other thread. Try riding around the area where the drive test centre is, looking for the different types of districts, if you want to try and get more familiar. Best to not overthink it too much, as well.

Back
Top Bottom