Buying my first bike, ninja 300 abs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying my first bike, ninja 300 abs

stevenleung0000

As the title says, I am planning to purchase a new ninja 300 abs.
I live in Waterloo, Ontario.
I did a quick search for the nearest kawasaki dealer near me.
And after some more detailed research, I am planning to buy the bike from snow city cycle located in scarborough....
here is the problem, I am a new rider, and I am not planning to go on the highway until I am confident with the bike....
So, what are my options of transporting the bike from scarborugh back to waterloo...?
Do you guys think Motolimo will be able to help?
And is it awkward to purposely transport a 300cc bike from scarborough to waterloo just because the rider is not prepared for highway...?

I hate the 401. Scariest drivers I've ever seen.

You are looking at less than a 150 kms.... Get there early... Practice in their parking lot and just take local roads all the way back... Shouldnt take you more than 4 hours

You are looking at less than a 150 kms.... Get there early... Practice in their parking lot and just take local roads all the way back... Shouldnt take you more than 4 hours

Going straight from a course, then a new bike and highway all in one shot might be too much for some people.
It might work out, but OP will probably be a lil stressed about it...

Better idea to practice with your new bike and get to know it in a comfortable area close by home

Absolutely. I rode 1400 kilometres last weekend and had three drivers try to change lanes into me over a 20km stretch of the 401.

Get the bike towed and then practice in a lot and empty local roads. You will be a lot happier and safer.

Going straight from a course, then a new bike and highway all in one shot might be too much for some people.
It might work out, but OP will probably be a lil stressed about it...

Better idea to practice with your new bike and get to know it in a comfortable area close by home
I agree it'll be stressful.... Best to avoid highways and just stick to local roads... It'll depends on how much he's willing to spend

I volunteer to test ride, I mean ride it home for ya. ?

www.motolimo.com

I use motolimo for all my bikes.
They delivered my cbr250, ctx700 & cbr650f to me.

From mississauga, milton, milton to me here in mississauga.

I would highly reccomend them. They baby your bike.

I considered the dealer delivery, but after they said "we will deliver it in our parts truck". I was all like "**** NO".

Shane

I picked up my bike recently. First time rider and rode from Bowmanville to Whitby. I practiced and spent about an hour in a local parking lot before making the trip on local roads. But because of the distance you'll be traveling , I would agree with RR. Have it towed or rent a trailer.

Some dealers offer delivery, ask them about it. Mine did it for me for free :p. On a side note, how much did they quote you? If you dont mind ofc. Because I was looking into the same bike at several dealers but didnt ask for a quote since they didn't have it in stock.

Absolutely get it delivered or transported to you. And no, it certainly wouldn't be 'awkward' to do that - it would be smart!! You are a brand new rider. And this brand new bike is basically three times more powerful that what you would have just learned on at the course. Just get it delivered or transported and then start to practice around your house and build from there - minus the pressure!!!! Your very first ride on your new bike should be fun. This is why they have these kinds of services. No question here.

One more question, what are the steps of buying a new bike in Ontario? (I am going to finance it)
Do I contact insurance first?
Or I need to purchase the bike first, so that I have the vin number, and I can provide it to the insurance company?
Is it possible to end up with finance option not approved but I have already sign contract for insurance?
Thanks in advance!!!

It really doesnt matter what order you do it in - you won't be able to register it under your name till you have valid insurance

Getting the VIN number helps you get a more accurate insurance quote

One more question, what are the steps of buying a new bike in Ontario? (I am going to finance it)
Do I contact insurance first?
Or I need to purchase the bike first, so that I have the vin number, and I can provide it to the insurance company?
Is it possible to end up with finance option not approved but I have already sign contract for insurance?
Thanks in advance!!!

It doesn't really matter.

But if you really want an order, I would say Go get your finance sorted out first, if that gets approved then contact insurance and set that up, then you can get. Your bike registered - whether that be with the dealer or doing it your self. (let the dealer do it, saves you time, line up is always huge at service ontario)

you did already get the cost for insurance, right? That first, then get finance sorted, then call ins. with details.

Get Two Wheel in Guelph to price match and get it there. Only 20km on hwy 7 to get her home then.

Back
Top Bottom