What's the best way to sell my crashed bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the best way to sell my crashed bike?

yossarian

I crashed my 2011 Honda CBR recently, going about 30 kmph into the back of a car. I've already moved to a different bike, so I'm looking to sell the crashed CBR. So my question is a) other than kijiji/craigslist, is that anywhere that buys crashed bikes that you guys know of? b) what's a reasonable asking price? Honestly, the bike is still in pretty good shape, the front forks look straight (though my knowledge on the extent of the damage is limited).
IMG_20140707_171124.jpgIMG_20140707_171144.jpg

Thanks in advance.

wow, are you okay?

from my experiences from having to sell a written off vehicle, the best way to do it is part it out yourself.

parting it out takes a lot more time and work but in the end you'll make more money.
selling it as is, you'll need to have it pretty low for people to even take a second look.

good luck.

EDIT:
sell me those wheels.

Part it out on eBay, GTAM, Kijiji, Craigslist, and its respective forums (i.e. 600rr.net for CBR600RR's).

Kijiji. "FS: 2011 Honda CBR250. Babied since new. Never raced or stunted."

.. as others have said... part it out and maximize what you can get from it - especially if you have the space and time to do so.

Agreed. Part it out or be willing to take a ridiculously low price as a whole. I offer 500 bucks. Then ill part it out lol

make it into a cheap track bike.
Jayv wants it for the right price to go along with my new trailer that I've almost bought (never crashed, bearing greased daily)

Clean title? Written off?

If it's still clean you could sell it as is and at least get some money for it. If its been branded you won't get much.

Yeah um... was the bike written off by insurance? I'll buy it regardless. Please PM me with info and I'll give you my number. Easiest way to get rid of it, post on GTAM :lmao:

Agreed. Part it out or be willing to take a ridiculously low price as a whole. I offer 500 bucks. Then ill part it out lol

Don't be a tard now...that engine alone is worth 500 bucks.

Someone who can wrench on it can have it looking new with less than $1000 in parts. 1200-1500 bucks is a good asking price.

If you want to part it out you can potentially make more, but again you'll have to know how to wrench on it.

OP from what I can tell in those two pics all it needs is:

Front fairing stay (bird cage)
Front Cowl
Headlight
Fairings
Dash Plastics
left footpeg
signals

If you look on ebay/bike specific forums you'll find that **** no problem

Last edited:
Could also have a bent rim and bent forks don't know until you look he said he didn't know, pretty expensive. But yeah the motor is worth 500, let the bidding begin

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You need to get the frame checked. If it's bent, part out the whole bike, if not, fix the bike and say it fell in the driveway by the previous owner.

You need to get the frame checked. If it's bent, part out the whole bike, if not, fix the bike and say it fell in the driveway by the previous owner.

"Gee only a slight tip over in my driveway"

"I was practically stopped"

Seen too many "slight" falls..... lol

I'm sensing a future fleet of track bikes... :D

Hahaha, you know it Chase! If its not written off, I'd make a cafe racer, if it's written off a good little track bike is in order. Then make the R6 my big boy track bike and FZ-09 or Street Triple R for the street :D

Back
Top Bottom