Agv k-3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Agv k-3

macro

Bought it at the beginning last year on sale from Royal, only helmet used since purchase. I think I paid $150ish? I don't recall though.
agv_helmet_k3_bat_black_detail_3_600.jpg
So, I think this is considered an entry level helmet because of it's price. However, coming from an Icon Alliance this was like a whole new world! Its a great warm weather helmet and you can also have the choice of the Rossi graphics which to me are the best around.

Pros - light, great visibility, great airflow, very comfortable on long rides. The chin vent blasts air directly in your face which I love. It fits like a glove with much less buffeting than my old Icon. No pressure points on my head either.

Cons - Chin spoiler tries to cut you and pop out when you take it off, also, it doesn't really keep much air out, so in cooler weather it can get chilly in this thing, nothing a buff can't fix though. There's not much of a breath deflector, probably to reach the price point. One small thing, speakers do NOT fit in this helmet without much pain and suffering.

I would 100% recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a great all rounder that can't shell out $500 for a Shoei.

An excellent helmet IMHO. Blows Icon out of the water. By far.

I'm rocking the K-3 also and agree it is a really nice helmet for the price point. Mine doesn't have the chin spoiler and it does get cold on those early morning rides. Aside from the cons you listed, I can't think of anything else to fault.

I love my k-3. Definitely not as comfy as my agv gp tech but its more quiet and a third of the cost. Good entry level helmet for the price and they have some good graphics ie Rossi

i got one of these but havent used it yet. i agree the chin curtain thing is annoying as hell but mine came with a breath guard. Did yours not come with one?

Kahuna had the K4 on sale before they moved, I got it for 99 before tax

i got one of these but havent used it yet. i agree the chin curtain thing is annoying as hell but mine came with a breath guard. Did yours not come with one?
I put layers of duct tape on the two triangles that tuck into the helmet. Just add enough layers for a better friction fit. Mine hasn`t moved since I did so.
I also love my AGV K3. That's why my new HJC is listed in the classified section.

Have the 5-continent version and i really can't complain at all. The vents work great and when you close it, unlike my shoei, it actually stops the airflow. Looks great. Its pretty light and the visor clip on system is great.

Two friends bought expensive Arai helmets and both had problems with their visor locking system breaking on them. Ive had this for a year now and switched visors many times and still going strong.

Definitely recommend it.

I had ordered mine online. Maybe that's why?

0266880476876e218173c11fc426bd76.jpg

8f731e8434ca89c3cf5619c581b48fad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah I have that. Also, super jealous of your graphics. I LOVE the Rossi stuff. But they didn't have one that fit my fat head when I was there.

Oh, yeah I have that. Also, super jealous of your graphics. I LOVE the Rossi stuff. But they didn't have one that fit my fat head when I was there.

paid $220 online i think over a year ago, then of course motorcycle superstore hidden bs fees..... if the helmet wasnt so nice i would have been miserable when i got the bill.

Back
Top Bottom