Do any of you guys switch to fire&theft for winter storage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do any of you guys switch to fire&theft for winter storage

DjEyeQ

I was just curious. Im about to get insurance soon and was wandering if its worth it because the season is nearly over. If its legal to change to only fire and theft I would def do it so my ins history builds over winter I guess.
What do you guys do? Pay full premium?
Thanks in advance

This is almost impossible with bikes, very few insurance companies will let you do it. Check out vifferfun's sticky on insurance. Basically insurance for October through March only costs about 20% of the yearly premium even though it is almost half the year. They assume most people aren't riding during this period, but you have insurance if you want to.

Last edited:
This is almost impossible with bikes, very few insurance companies will let you do it. Check out vifferfun's sticky on insurance. Basically insurance for October through March only costs about 20% of the yearly premium even though it is almost all the year. They assume most people aren't riding during this period, but you have insurance if you want to.

That's the way my SF agent explained it to me as well. They basically factor the off season into the annual rate already.

Back
Top Bottom