Renewing Expired Registration | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renewing Expired Registration

scott81

Could anyone tell me what documents would likely be required to renew the registration on a motorcycle in Ontario, that has been expired for many years?

My situation is that I purchased and registered a 2001 Honda XR650L in 2004, but in 2005 I took it to Mexico, and it has been there ever since. The original sticker expired in 2005, and was never renewed. The bike has been in storage for years, but it still runs and is in pretty decent condition. It only has 32,000km on it, and it is still registered in my name.

I would like to renew the registration in Ontario, and get a current sticker for it. Will I be able to do this with just a current insurance policy on it, or will I be required to get a safety certicate or in any other way have it physically present in Ontario for the renewal? I see that motorcycles are exempt from Drive Clean emissions testing, but the ServiceOntario website doesn't really say what else is required to renew an expired sticker, except that it has to be done in person.

Just the insurance slip will be needed
You might even be able to renew online and have the sticker mailed to you.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Actually, don't even need the insurance slip....it's all linked now. Ministry can see if the said vehicle is insured right away on their data base which I believe is hooked up with insurance companies. Will need ownership or licence at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom