New street rider, question about durham college M2 intro course | GTAMotorcycle.com

New street rider, question about durham college M2 intro course

YamaRD

Hello everybody, I have just joined this site after reading alot of great info!
First i would like to introduce myself, my name is Mike, i am 18 and i am from Pickering and i picked up my first street bike over the winter, a 1977 Yamaha RD400 2 stroke twin.
i have been riding dirt bikes for years now, i currently have 3 Hondas: 1988 Cr500, 1989 Cr250, 1978 Z50.
Back to the yamaha, over the past few months i have gone through the entire bike, replaced the fork seals, solved many electrical issues, changed the tires (pic below is before the new tires. i changed them last week), and replaced a huge amount of parts that i have totally lost count of.
i have gotten my M1 on June 16 this year, but i found out shortly after that i can NOT be insured until i have the MSF course and an M2, i guess that is due to my age. i have since booked the course for aug 8-10 at the Durham college in whitby. I went out to royal distributing and bought a new helmet, jacket and gloves. I have a couple questions, can i wear jeans and steel toe work boots during the course? and is it necessary to bring anything on the friday night?

Thanks!

and heres a few pics of my rides

[video=youtube;637zWgiTR_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=637zWgiTR_Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
I suggest you check their website on the "minumum gear" you can take.

I know when I did the RTI. It was thick jean jacket and pants, you needed thick glove(construction worker was fine) and same with boots I believe.

Shane

Hi Mike

welcome

thats a sweet looking bike

as for your course - jeans and work boots should be sufficient for the course - take them to the class on Friday and show it to the instructor, this way you will have piece of mind

dont forget to take your drivers license - i know some people forget or leave it in the car

I did mine at Humber and they said you can wear steel toes, but it's not suggested because some people find it difficult getting them under the shifter.

The bigger issue with boots is covering your ankles. Steel toes could be annoying for a noob but since you already know how to shift you'll probably figure it out.

Thanks everyone,
i have tested the bike in our complex with my steel toe boots on and they feel fine, on my bike at least :/

i am looking forward to the course! 10 days to go ! :)

Hi Mike. Your gear is fine. I'll be one of your istructors that weekend. I'll be there friday night either doing the lecture or the paperwork.

Just checked my schedule. Turns out i'm not there friday. You've got Ron and Ryan friday. Just bring your m1 temporary permit, your drivers license, and a black or blue pen.

As for gear, as long as your gloves cover your whole hand (none of those crappy fingerless gloves, or ones with your knuckles exposed... cruiser fashion style...), d.o.t. helmet, boots that cover your ankles, and a sturdy jacket (jean jacket minimum), then you'ee good.

Hey, bring the rd400 saturday morning if its insured and on the road. We all love checking out cool bikes.

Just checked my schedule. Turns out i'm not there friday. You've got Ron and Ryan friday. Just bring your m1 temporary permit, your drivers license, and a black or blue pen.

As for gear, as long as your gloves cover your whole hand (none of those crappy fingerless gloves, or ones with your knuckles exposed... cruiser fashion style...), d.o.t. helmet, boots that cover your ankles, and a sturdy jacket (jean jacket minimum), then you'ee good.

Hey, bring the rd400 saturday morning if its insured and on the road. We all love checking out cool bikes.

Well that sucks your not there.

the RD is not insured yet and it cant be until i have this course done and have my M2. i will have the M2 on aug 16

and here is my riding gear, i wont be wearing running shoes lol, i have work boots that ill be wearing for the course

Back
Top Bottom