.....flooded engine | GTAMotorcycle.com

.....flooded engine

chin.r

Rode thru last night rain. Bike was running at low rmp, felt like only one cylinder was running.

Got home. Saw spark plug wire came off.

Its a flooded engine.

Just now, after removing the spark plug, gas was coming out. I am letting it sit for a while and let dry out before re-installing the plug.

Hopefully that should do it.

Anyone have more input on how to clean out the flood, much appreciated.

Seems like you've already done most of it.. take the plugs out, run it through a few cycles so the piston pushes the excess out, and make sure the plugs are dry. Throw 'em back in and it should start up

dont forget to check the oil, gas can make it into the bottom end, should change it for good measure.

Flooded engine is normally a term, not an actual description. I have never seen liquid inside a cylinder. Are you sure liquid in cylinder is gas?

How long did it run on one cylinder? What the hell happened to pull off a plug wire?

Take the plugs out, turn it over until **** stops flying out of the holes, put new plugs in they are cheap anyways and change your oil, gas can get into your oil an reduce your engine life.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I doubt you have water in there unless your actual spark plug came out while you were riding. It was firing on one cylinder as only one cylinder had a spark and ignition.

With jimmy James suggestion:

"Take all the wires off n take all the plugs out. Put something on to protect your eyes from flying gas. Make sure the bike is in neutral n then push the starter button to cycle the engine about 3 times to blow out all the extra gas out of the cylinders."

It's all fixed now. Red SV is up n running.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect!

There's a drainhole on the side of the head for the front spark plug. Check if that's plugged up, might help future occurrences.

Rode thru last night rain. Bike was running at low rmp, felt like only one cylinder was running.

Got home. Saw spark plug wire came off.

Its a flooded engine.

Just now, after removing the spark plug, gas was coming out. I am letting it sit for a while and let dry out before re-installing the plug.

Hopefully that should do it.

Anyone have more input on how to clean out the flood, much appreciated.

you should consider getting a front fender extender. the SV650's front cylinder's spark plug is in a terrible location.

There's a drainhole on the side of the head for the front spark plug. Check if that's plugged up, might help future occurrences.

The SV650's front cylinder's spark plug is in a terrible location.

^ It's a known issue with SVs, had this happen on my bike as well. Do check the oil, chances of water are slim but if it is contaminated the damage can be massive, again, speaking from unfortunate experience...

Back
Top Bottom