Who has Helibars and where did you get them? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who has Helibars and where did you get them?

JoeyB

Site Supporter
Like the title says. If you got em, where did you get them from...other than the internets obvisously ;)

This ^ restores my faith in humanity a little bit.

This ^ restores my faith in humanity a little bit.

Really? It deepened my hatred of humanity. Because this guy had to ask on a forum and then have another person do a simple google search to give him an answer.

Lazy humans. Death shall be swift.

Not so simple, the info was buried in the crappy helibar website and their dealer locator doesn't work for Canada, because f-ck Canada (but we like your money).

Not so simple, the info was buried in the crappy helibar website and their dealer locator doesn't work for Canada, because f-ck Canada (but we like your money).

His Googlefu is strong.

Really? It deepened my hatred of humanity. Because this guy had to ask on a forum and then have another person do a simple google search to give him an answer.

Lazy humans. Death shall be swift.
I didn't have to ask, but I figured why waste any of my google-fu when I could use the legion of GTAM curmudgeons to look it up for me. Being a curmudgeon myself this makes total sense to me. Someone else does the lookup for me and everyone gets to tell me what a dumb *** I am for asking in the first place. ;)

An alternative to Helibars is a set of Gen-Mar risers. I had them on on my CBR1100XX. Easy to install, cost effective, and made an already comfortable bike even more so.
http://www.genmarmfg.com/

Last edited:
Gen mar is overpriced riser IMHO, I have heli-bars with a one inch risers that work on my style of triple clamp. The aluminum 1 inch risers cost $25 with longer bolts.

Risers do not alter the angle of the handlebar, Heli bars do.

20140721_085614_1_.jpg

BB

Last edited:
I just installed an LSL superbike bar conversion kit on my SV650S last week. Should have done it years ago. Purchased via bluestreakracing.

I have had 2 Heli-bar set ups on 2 different bikes. The change is minimal and I regretted it.
I have since had 3 different bikes with handlebar conversion and would NEVER go back to Heli-bars.
The Heli's offer minimal difference in comfort and position.
I've had LSL, home made, and recently the Banditmania superbike bar conversion. Best money I've spent on my sportbikes.
Obviously they sit you up, and you can find the bar that has the exact rise, bend, and colour you like. Wider bars also give a ton more leverage for steering inputs.

Back
Top Bottom