Interesting graph on ages, violations, and crashes. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting graph on ages, violations, and crashes.

I doubt that. There are hundreds of crashes like this from people hitting the gas instead of the brake and panicking. In the 1990s and even a few years ago, lawsuits hit Audi and Toyota over "sudden acceleration". This is why auto makers now put black boxes in many models, because it saved Toyota millions when they could prove the people were just jamming the throttle.

It's just a rumour. No reports on what happened yet but I've heard a couple of doozies.

I agree 100% No ONE over 60 should be permitted to drive. Hell, I am 52 and I can't wait till I hit 60 and you all have to SUPPORT me as I can no longer get to work, because I can't drive. How many are prepared to take say a day a week off work every week to drive your parents who are over 60 on their errands? Just wait you too will be approaching 60 a LOT quicker than most of you realize.

I agree 100% No ONE over 60 should be permitted to drive. Hell, I am 52 and I can't wait till I hit 60 and you all have to SUPPORT me as I can no longer get to work, because I can't drive. How many are prepared to take say a day a week off work every week to drive your parents who are over 60 on their errands? Just wait you too will be approaching 60 a LOT quicker than most of you realize.
LOL, I'm 55 and fear for the future. I look at the 20-somethings (and some 30-somethings) around me and most of them couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag without Google and Wikipedia. And then post the results to FB or Instagram. Critical thinking is now another lost skill.

LOL, I'm 55 and fear for the future. I look at the 20-somethings (and some 30-somethings) around me and most of them couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag without Google and Wikipedia. And then post the results to FB or Instagram. Critical thinking is now another lost skill.

and 35 years ago someone was saying the same thing about you guys...and 35 years before that...

Not saying there aren't valid criticisms of todays social media culture but everyone always thinks they are part of the lat great generation and they are not.

Last edited:
and 35 years ago someone was saying the same thing about you guys...and 35 years before that...
Absolutely. Been going on forever.
Variously ascribed to Aristotle, Plato and Socrates:
“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words… When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint."

"
When I look at the younger generation, I despair of the future of civilisation"

I guess Aristotle, Plato and Socrates were right because look at where the world is at today. Today used to be the future.

"When I look at the younger generation, I despair of the future of civilisation"

Those Greeks were crazy. I hardly ever stole a candy bar, never "borrowed" a a M-B 450SL to go joyriding before I had a license, never smoked anything but personally grown medicine - avoiding a dealer, and I never, ever admitted that I drove my parent's station wagon up and over the curb through a public park to win a race.

Today's youth wouldn't do that either - but only because someone would catch you on a cellphone.

Top Gear (news discussion) : Retired police officer has figured out over 30 year study what causes car crashes. It has nothing to do with slight infringements of the speed limit, however, it does have to do with;

- Careless right turn
- Agressive high speed driving
- The born again biker
- Poor Vehicle Maintainence
- Drunk Driving
- Elderly

Being English, the carless right turn would translate into careless left turn here.

old ppl vote
meaning good luck on passing laws that limit or remove their "freedoms"

This is the big factor

Top Gear (news discussion) : Retired police officer has figured out over 30 year study what causes car crashes. It has nothing to do with slight infringements of the speed limit, however, it does have to do with;

- Careless right turn
- The born again biker
- Drunk Driving
- Elderly

Being English, the carless right turn would translate into careless left turn here.

Here it seems to be right of way violations.
My anecdotal study had all of my accidents caused that way.

- Careless right turn
- The born again biker
- Drunk Driving
- Elderly

What is this? lol

Mandatory re testing when the driver turns 60.

Problem solved (well not all, but it will make SOME difference)

Back
Top Bottom