ear plug headphones?! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ear plug headphones?!

+1 for Etymotics. The inline control units can be bought separately from Amazon/ebay for $5 or so.

I have VSonic GR06. They're made in china but they are the best bang for the buck head phones you can get in the $50-$100 (this includes all the top brands as well). Build quality is incredible. I know quality when i see it and these, for the price range, beats almost any earphone in its class. . You can grab a pair off ebay for around $65-$70 shipped. Read up on them. I was skeptical at first but listening is believing. You have to break in the drive if you want optimal sound like any other iem/speakers.

edit: The down side is that these headphones are not as bass heavy like the GR07s which is said to be the best in it's price range ($150-$200). The GR06s are excellent iem if you're into a great range genres.

Last edited:
Www.headfi.org
Google it.
100's of detailed reviews at all price points.
I use a set of $100 Hifimans that seal well, fit in the helmet and sound great.
Don't get much useful sound info on a GSXR with any kind of ear protection anyhow.

Beats by Dre are overpriced for what they do.

I use this LG HBS-730

It's Bluetooth, pairs with any phone that has Bluetooth, can be double paired if you use one device for music and pone for phone calls, has about 10 hour active battery life and a couple of days idle.

it comes with a couple different sized heads so you can pick the one that fits best, doesn't cancel out all wind noise but it does a good enough job for me.

I've attached some velcro to my jacket and the headphones to keep them in place while I ride.

+1. They're decent (not great) headphones, but they cost double what they should. If you're going to spend that much money you could get something a lot nicer.

Those also look like they might be painful inside a helmet.

I use this LG HBS-730

It's Bluetooth, pairs with any phone that has Bluetooth, can be double paired if you use one device for music and pone for phone calls, has about 10 hour active battery life and a couple of days idle.

it comes with a couple different sized heads so you can pick the one that fits best, doesn't cancel out all wind noise but it does a good enough job for me.

I've attached some velcro to my jacket and the headphones to keep them in place while I ride.

Thanks - will check these out.

all kLipsch or any better in ear headphones have inline controller for volume, play etc.

BB

I went with the Starkey ear monitors. They are custom moulded. They have Triple drivers that give crystal clear highs, deep bass, and tight mids. It sounds like I am wearing my bose headphones. I can still hear people talking and my engine but it greatly reduces the db and the ever so tiresome wind noise. They are a little expensive and start at $250.00 for single driver and $700.00 for the top of the line triple. If you have a good drug plan they will usually cover them, but don't tell them they are for riding.
how did you get benefits to cover this?

Use the LG one as well. Battery life is awesome. The Plantronics BackBeat Go2 are good too. But batt life is not as good as the LG. But you can purchase a charging pouch with it if you want. You can get them at Best Buy.

how did you get benefits to cover this?
Your not an insurance adjuster are you? Would you really tell me if you are? Put it this way, on my claims form under "hearing" it asks for a part number.......I just wrote the part number down and sent it in and they paid it. Its not my fault they don't always look into these things. I never lied or tried to trick them. But I also didn't say they were for listening to my ipod while riding my bike.

Last edited:
I've recently been using my stock Samsung S4 headphones to get Waze turn-by-turn & hazard (police/accident/traffic voice alerts). They don't really sit well in my ear, they move around a lot with my Shoei Qwest helmet. I usually get at least one side, either left or right not sitting properly.

I bought a pack of these: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/stanley-5-pair-earplugs-0550155p.html my goodness, are they good.

Subscribed to this thread, i'll go through the suggestions.

I tried using earphones last night around town. It's fun but I don't like how distracting it is.

I think it would be a good setup for long distance riding, just not city riding (for me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom