Bike broke down on Express way | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike broke down on Express way

Uhlaf

So on my way back from a weekend visit my bike broke down on a major highway. I mean completely died on the express way...in a thunderstorm... and as of the last hour the 5 towing companies I called said they can't pick it up. Not being able to start her again and not keen on standing in a thunderstorm for hours I got picked up and am now comfortably eating ramen and drinking coffee worrying about my dear bike . My question is if I should inform the OPP that I have a dead vehicle pulled over on A major highway and am unable to get it towed? Should I leave it until my mechanic can grab it tomorrow? DO I CAMP BESIDE IT?

Uhm.... you might want to get somebody with a truck.... lol

Before your bike is gone. Sorry to hear about that.

What's it doing? does it turn over? what bike? Give some more details, people might be able to help.

Last edited:
So on my way back from a weekend visit my bike broke down on a major highway. I mean completely died on the express way...in a thunderstorm... and as of the last hour the 5 towing companies I called said they can't pick it up. Not being able to start her again and not keen on standing in a thunderstorm for hours I got picked up and am now comfortably eating ramen and drinking coffee worrying about my dear bike . My question is if I should inform the OPP that I have a dead vehicle pulled over on A major highway and am unable to get it towed? Should I leave it until my mechanic can grab it tomorrow? DO I CAMP BESIDE IT?

Reliable towing services...

Make me an offer i cannot refuse and i'll go hook up my trailer right now and bring it to you

I blew a tire way out in port hope last year (still count my blessings). An off duty opp officer stopped said she called a tow truck for me. Never showed up lol. Spent five hrs on the 401. Thank this forum that both infernobuster and motolimo were both willing to come out that way at 10pm at night. I would rather die of starvation on side of the hwy than leave my bike there. Now I invested in CAA
Hope all works out for you

Some of the td visas have auto towing involved. I have one just for that service. I've only used it once but try we're fine to work with and brought a flatbed to pick me up. You can let the card sit in your wallet just for the included service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you got your ride home safe. Infernobuster (Toy Hauler), MotoLimo or CAA - they all tow bikes.

Hopefully Paul got there in time. Police tow will cost you $340 if it's there for one night.

updates? hopefully all is well. and that bike is home and can be repaired.

i've always been taught by my father that if i drive/ride, to always be subscribed to a towing service. even if we have family/friends that can help, that added security of having a tow in my back pocket, if i ever need it, is worth every dollar.

Back
Top Bottom