Replacing signal bulb with led? (electrical) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replacing signal bulb with led? (electrical)

rashidme

I know that if i simply replace signal bulb with led one then it might not work correctly simply because led uses less power, current etc. Could this be a problem because now the flasher unit will sense less current draw and might now work?

Can I just put a high wattage resistor in series with the led to trick the flasher into thinking things are good!

anyone done that?

Parallel, not series.

If your bike has a traditional old skool separate flasher relay, you can just replace it with one designed for use with LED to avoid having to wire extra resistors.

If your bike has the flasher built into a relay module or lighting control module, it might still be possible to do; check owner's forums for your bike.

Parallel, not series.

If your bike has a traditional old skool separate flasher relay, you can just replace it with one designed for use with LED to avoid having to wire extra resistors.

If your bike has the flasher built into a relay module or lighting control module, it might still be possible to do; check owner's forums for your bike.
Ah! In Parallel so as not to limit current to led, otherwise they might be dim, right?

Don't use resistors, if possible replace your flasher relay with a digital one. What bike year/model you got? You can get a universal digital flasher relay for under $20 at Royal Distributing.

Back
Top Bottom