Ride Report - The Pennsylvania Loop | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride Report - The Pennsylvania Loop

Rotten_Ronnie

Site Supporter
I have to thank Nightshadow for inspiring this run, as his route had some great roads on it, and I've plagiarised it shamelessy to concoct my own run this past weekend...

http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.ca/2014/07/2014-pennsylvania-loop.html

Consider these a teaser...

2014+PA.jpg

A Spectacular sunset
P1130519.JPG

Brian P off roads it too! A man of many talents
P1130574.JPG

I can't shake them!
P1130630.JPG

We pick up a stray and he shows us some local roads along the way. Thanks Andy!
P1130742.JPG

Bring out a camera and they all start showing off. Lol
P1130743.JPG

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up! Hyner View State Park
P1130782.JPG

You should have seen it from the exit ramp, you hotel is back that a way.
P1130878.JPG

There are more in the blog

For the brave or fool hardy 666 is "open"...
(We represent both parties.)

e2u3u8y3.jpg

Nice ride. We were down there this weekend as well. We rode down to Dubois PA Friday night and stayed there again Saturday which allowed us to take the luggage off the bikes for some real fun riding on Saturday. The improvements on 144 between Renovo and Snow Shoe have turned it into my favorite road down there. We stopped in at State College to pick up a headlight at the Ducati dealer and a 5 Guys burger for lunch. Weather was great and only had a bit of rain once the bikes we parked for the night.

144 is a lovely bit of road.

How many kilometres did you do round trip? Ours was just about 1400km for the weekend, although our day three was really only a straight ride home.

Last edited:
144 is a lovely bit of road.

How many kilometres did you do round trip? Ours was just about 1400km for the weekend, although our day three was really only a straight ride home.

We did about 1300 KMs. It's 360 KMs from home in Oakville to Dubois PA so that's 720 KMs for the commute and we did about 600 KMs riding around on Saturday. We did a direct ride home leaving Dubois at about 9 AM and got home at 1:30 PM yesterday afternoon. I counted 6 speed traps on 219 between the PA border and Ellicottville.

We must have lucked out, and only passed a couple this weekend.

For the brave or fool hardy 666 is "open"...
(We represent both parties.)

e2u3u8y3.jpg

Count me among the fool hardy. I encountered the same obstacles a month ago. A couple of locals checked it out with me. Not too difficult to navigate.

IMG_20140628_153440_zpsd1c9dc41.jpg

IMG_20140628_154203_zpsca1ff1d9.jpg

IMG_20140628_154459_zpsfbfe6b96.jpg

IMG_20140628_155504_zpse24f344c.jpg

IMG_20140628_155532_zpsa31ab276.jpg

IMG_20140628_155553_zpsff20c781.jpg

Looks like a great ride. You guys are hardcore! You can't go wrong in PA! Thanks for sharing.

Great pictures. What bike is that?

Thanks for posting pics - will be in that area Sunday. Hope it's all fixed!

Thanks for posting pics - will be in that area Sunday. Hope it's all fixed!
I'm sorry to say PA 666 has been like this for over a month...

Travel Advisory

26/06/2014

Portion of Route 666 Closed in Forest County

Oil City – Route 666 is closed from Kiffer Hill Road to Yellow Hammer Road in Hickory Township, Forest County, due to flooding.
The road will reopen once high water recedes.
PennDOT reminds motorists not to drive through standing water on roads, and allow additional time for travel.

Hypothetically speaking, what are the implications of crashing on 666 or any other closed road? Would AAA / CAA be able to dispatch a tow? Could insurance deny coverage because the road is closed?

I'm sorry to say PA 666 has been like this for over a month...

Travel Advisory

26/06/2014

Portion of Route 666 Closed in Forest County

Oil City – Route 666 is closed from Kiffer Hill Road to Yellow Hammer Road in Hickory Township, Forest County, due to flooding.

There are other roads - but good to know - but now the forecast is 70-80% POP thundershowers this wknd - it was all sunny before! CRAP!

Hypothetically speaking, what are the implications of crashing on 666 or any other closed road? Would AAA / CAA be able to dispatch a tow? Could insurance deny coverage because the road is closed?
I'm sure they would find some way of denying your claim, but am no expert at claim denial while they are.

You'd need a jacked 4x4 tow truck to make it past the barricades.

Don't crash.

They would not dispatch to a closed road. They also won't dispatch to a side road if it is not a marked county road. I'm sure the police would be happy to fly in a chopper at incredible expense.

To you.

6 of us riding down this weekend so thanks for the report. Hopefully the thundershowers will stay away. Anyone see any suicidal deers this time of year, I was down there last October and almost got smoked by bambi.

We had two run out in front of us on 872, spotted one more in the state park as well as a wild turkey, thankfully on the verge.

Back
Top Bottom