Dirty tactic by police, maybe, maybe not? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirty tactic by police, maybe, maybe not?

Re: Cool Story, Brah.

Great story.
Can see this possible in a county. Not around GTA.

Similar thing happened to me in the gta years ago. Im in my camaro with my buddy stopped at a red light, a marked Toronto cruiser pulls up with two cops in it. They signal for me to roll down my window and when i did the cops asks me "wanna race?"

I look at my buddy, he looks at me like wtf?
I look at the cop and laugh "ya, and you'll take my license away"

Light turns green and he peels out like a mad man.

Next set of lights we pull up next to them and they're laughing their ***** off lol

Not exactly the same, but 10 years ago I was driving a 1980's Dodge Colt Vista Wagon (The Pimp Mobile) along the the 401 to Kingston. I had some A*hole constantly riding my *** for about 10KM trying to get me to speed. I hit the brakes and the car behind me screeches and swerves. Sure enough the cherries light up and hes beeping his horn at me, pulls up along side, gives the death glare and takes off. Nothing changes........ If cops can egg you on, they will.

Not an image of my car, just it looked the same. It was great for transporting kegs. I was ****** when people stole all the emblems off it... haha. Somebody in Buffalo has my Colt emblem, damn you.

946419_10152939992680621_642729141_n.jpg

Not exactly the same, but 10 years ago I was driving a 1980's Dodge Colt Vista Wagon (The Pimp Mobile) along the the 401 to Kingston. I had some A*hole constantly riding my *** for about 10KM trying to get me to speed. I hit the brakes and the car behind me screeches and swerves. Sure enough the cherries light up and hes beeping his horn at me, pulls up along side, gives the death glare and takes off. Nothing changes........ If cops can egg you on, they will.

Not an image of my car, just it looked the same. It was great for transporting kegs. I was ****** when people stole all the emblems off it... haha. Somebody in Buffalo has my Colt emblem, damn you.

Damn, chicks must have been banging on the windows like brain-starved zombies to get a ride in that...

Damn, chicks must have been banging on the windows like brain-starved zombies to get a ride in that...

It says, "practicality, convenience and frugality", chicks go crazy for that*.

*after the second divorce to the guys in the leased BMWs with 6 maxed out credit cards, yo.

Hahahaha. Surprisingly with winter tires and 4WD, it would go through anything. I would cackle like a maniac when I saw pickup trucks on the side of the road, spinning their rear tires ;)

It was referred to as "The Colt". RIP Colt.

nothing new around these parts. VPD have both marked and unmarked Chargers

H77iCcBl.jpg

If you or him was charged it would get thrown out, that's entrapment

LOL.. It doesn't work like that in the real world...

]

Umm why didn't you move over to let the faster car pass? He should have ticketed you. Unless you were in curb lane?

Umm why didn't you move over to let the faster car pass? He should have ticketed you. Unless you were in curb lane?

I was in the far right lane with my cruise control set... Why would I get a ticket? When I say "hit the brakes" I meant to say I touched the brakes hard enough to disengage cruise control and flash my brakes. He was close enough to almost rear-end me. I'm not about to move over/speed up to satisfy some cops wet dream to instigate me. The road from Toronto to Kingston is a decently long drive, I would do it often and just set my cruise control. The Colt wasn't exactly a speed daemon. I thought about going to the police station, calling 911 etc... But i'm sure you know where that would go (absolutely nowhere)

The cop on the other hand should have been ticketed for Careless Driving and Following Too close.... but you know, the cops are completely above the law.

"entrapment" does exist in Canada as a defense, but the cops would literally have to race up behind you and get so close (without provocation) honking the horn or flashing their lights in a way that made you feel your personal safety was compromised and you had to speed away to protect yourself. That IS entrapment. When you are forced into a situation where you have no reasonable means to avoid committing a crime based on the actions of an agent of the state (i.e. a cop)

If you're on a sportbike and a cop revs his engine at a light and takes off and you follow, that is NOT entrapment. You being on a sportbike is reason enough for him to suspect you may want to engage in illegal activity.. and by racing after him, you are willingly doing so, therefor NOT entrapment

At least that is my understanding of the law.

Shouldn't the cop also get charged for racing, though? I thought they were supposed to follow the traffic laws unless they are responding to an emergency, in which case they should have their lights and sirens going. Although some of the worst driving I see on the road is done by cops...

Just last week I was followed by a black SUV. I was over the speed limit all the time and this SUV kept up to my speed.
When I stop at the traffic light I looked at my mirror and I saw a police officer driving the car.

After 15 mins following me he then decided to turn round and find other victim. I have seen a lot of cars got pulled over by unmarked SUV on this road especially after the rush hours between 6 - 8 pm.

a yellow camaro?

Is that black Charger in Metro or York region? I saw it recently, but can't remember where. It looked suspicious to me as it had completely blacked out front windows...darker than is legal AFAIK...and those cop wheels...like pic below. Most people have alloy rims.
H77iCcBl.jpg

Last edited:

I was in the far right lane with my cruise control set... Why would I get a ticket? When I say "hit the brakes" I meant to say I touched the brakes hard enough to disengage cruise control and flash my brakes. He was close enough to almost rear-end me. .

Ah I see. My comments were if you were cruising in the left most lane.

Nobody drives late model American cars except people who work for the government in one way or another, and even if that weren't true, someone who drives one has already broadcast their history of poor decision making. Either way, not someone you want to be anywhere near at speed.

*eyeroll*

Back
Top Bottom