Cabot Trail via the Ottawa Valley | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cabot Trail via the Ottawa Valley

Alamode

I'm riding out to the east coast on the 9th, but I don't want to slab it through ontario/quebec. I haven't explored much of the Ottawa valley so I figured this is the perfect time to do so. I'll start in North Bay but from there anything goes as long as it's generally eastward. Hit me with your best routes!

Go through the US by crossing the border at 1000 island & going through Maine

US is best but
if you don't have to hit Ottawa then I'd stay north hit Rouyn-Noranda and follow the Trans Canada around dodging Montreal entirely

https://goo.gl/maps/uI3lR

There are lovely roads in Quebec and even getting from North Bay to Rouyn-Noranda go over to the Quebec side

Watch your hydration

I'm riding out to the east coast on the 9th, but I don't want to slab it through ontario/quebec. I haven't explored much of the Ottawa valley so I figured this is the perfect time to do so. I'll start in North Bay but from there anything goes as long as it's generally eastward. Hit me with your best routes!
Aim for a mountain, Tremblant.

Avoid the city, so we'll North of Montreal.

Bridge or Ferry? Get your butt onto the correct side of the river, think Saguenay, Rimouski, Gaspe, Quebec 132.
Read my blog and search for Gaspe and or pei. Enjoy the suggested routes. :)

A few years ago I was going to head out east and plotted a few routes. Maybe you find something useful here:

1) Gaspe (3800km 4-5 days) - via New York, Vermont, Maine, up around Gaspe and then back along the south shore of the St. Lawrence.
Probable Route

2) North shore of St. Lawrence (4800km - maybe 6 days for this one) - to Natashquan (QC), up to Manic Cinq and back down, up the Saguenay to Chicoutimi and then south through Mont-Tremblant, Mont-Laurier, Pembroke, then home through the area south of Algonquin.
Probable Route

Back
Top Bottom