Sunroof, Bling or bonus | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunroof, Bling or bonus

This is mine in my Jetta Sport Wagon (not my picture) and I use it daily 365 days a year. A sunroof is a make it or break it thing for me. I wouldn't by another DD without one simply due to the fact they are the only option to allow fresh air into the car no matter what it's doing outside. The amount of light it lets in is incredible and it just gives the cabin a light airy feel.

Newcar008.jpg

I do the same thing LOL

+1
In addition to the warm months, I love early weekend winter mornings, gearing up in wind proof gear, and driving with heated seats + all windows down.
Naturally, blasting the oddest playlist as well.

Definitely a bonus, a very welcomed one at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine, tipped open it helps keep the air fresh, not a big fan of it being slid back. Mine is very quiet. went on a recent road trip with a friend in his CTS, surprisingly, his was very loud when open tipped and even worse when slid back... This isn't the buffeting noise either that can be reduced with cracking a rear window.

Like others, I wouldn't pay extra or very little extra. I would suggest you maybe take a drive in one with a sunroof and see how noisy it is... and if you can live with what ever noise level it produces.

Last edited:
I use mine to vent the car so rain doesn't get in. The back always flipped up, it's like that as we speak

I hate them. The only time I don't mind them is in the summer at night. During the day I would prefer the shade over sitting the sun, so I never use it then. Plus they add a stupid amount of weight to the vehicle.

I wouldn't go out of my way to get it but a lot of time it's included as part of a package. Ford has the moon and tunes package and others have similar. Nissan includes it with leather upgrades. Sometimes it cost extra to delete it. Lol.

I like my windows tinted, and the moonroof provides option for added light when i feel like it.

also as mentioned airflow is awesome when it's raised, vents provide good current without fan working.

and on some days when i feel in the mood, i open it all the way it's nice. It's a must for me in any car. I like the options with ventilation, lighting, airflow, and general fun.

I love mine!!!
My dog loves it too

I like the extra sun coming into the car (even when it's closed) especially on the longer drives, makes the inside of the car feel brighter.
Great point, I used mine everyday during the summer, even sometimes during the winter when i was getting sick of always having the feeling of being inside

Now with the jeep is a quick manual process (not just push a button) and I still do it all the time even thought is more of a pain in the ***

Last edited:
I won a car in a raffle about a yr and a half ago.
It didn't have a sunroof.
I told them to keep it.

Really love my sunroof on the GTI.... I use it all the time and couldn't imagine not having it.

I hardly ever opened the sunroof on my previous car. Too noisy, and I sunburn too easily. Also, it was a glass panel, which transmits heat easily, both in and out. As a result ... usually the cover was closed.

Current one has a fixed panoramic roof which is a plastic panel and heavily tinted. It doesn't transmit nearly as much heat (or cold). I like it. It does heat up the interior - but this summer hasn't been too hot; I'm usually driving with the windows open (which is nowhere near as loud as the previous car was).

I prefer the timeless appeal of the uninterrupted roof. I think I was hooked after viewing the first episode of Gunsmoke.

I won a car in a raffle about a yr and a half ago.
It didn't have a sunroof.
I told them to keep it.

Thats a shame, Gary, for around $1000-$1500, the experts at ASC Mississauga could have put one in a factory looking one for you. They also specialize in cloth to leather conversions as well.

Z62FHxJ.jpg

5pPdXzw.jpg

T7Vshli.jpg

h3meFdG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom