Sunroof, Bling or bonus | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunroof, Bling or bonus

I picked up a new car yesterday, a Mazda 5 with sun roof. I paid cash for the car because it had manufacturing rebates available.

The only reason I got the roof was precisely because of the rebate, it was a significant discount so basically I could order all these options on the car, otherwise it is a very utilitarian vehicle and a sunroof is out of place. Today I was playing with it and I'm surprised how much I liked it. I think I will use it often.

Thats a shame, Gary, for around $1000-$1500, the experts at ASC Mississauga could have put one in a factory looking one for you. They also specialize in cloth to leather conversions as well.

Wow. That's ^^a shame!!

Factory roofs are constructed differently for units with & without sunroofs (for stability in case of crash or more importantly, a roll over).
No one in the factory with a saws all.
That piece of crap will start to leak within a month of navigating Hamilton roads. :lmao:
(if you got one, give a good lean in the centre of it with your elbow & report what happens to the perimeter of the insert /roof).

That piece of crap will start to leak within a month of navigating Hamilton roads. :lmao:
(if you got one, give a good lean in the centre of it with your elbow & report what happens to the perimeter of the insert /roof).

See post 7, bro.

A lot depends on the location of the sunroof. Some cars have the panel forward and the sun through the hole can hit you in the eyes and is quite unpleasant. Others have the glass behind you and they don't do much visually, but allow a lot of air circulation.

For my last car, they wanted $1600 for a sunroof so I passed, but for the right price I don't mind having them. The horrible leaking/breaking problems seem to have improved since the 80's.

A lot depends on the location of the sunroof. Some cars have the panel forward and the sun through the hole can hit you in the eyes and is quite unpleasant. Others have the glass behind you and they don't do much visually, but allow a lot of air circulation.

For my last car, they wanted $1600 for a sunroof so I passed, but for the right price I don't mind having them. The horrible leaking/breaking problems seem to have improved since the 80's.

That doesn't help when your date goes for refreshments, puts them on the roof to open the door and knocks them through the open hatch. :(

Happened to a buddy.

wouldn't buy any car that doesn't have a sunroof. all my cars had sunroof.

That doesn't help when your date goes for refreshments, puts them on the roof to open the door and knocks them through the open hatch. :(

Happened to a buddy.

Stop having such classy dates?

Tube top, mini skirt and high heels. Let's just say he wasn't dating her so she could sponsor his Mensa membership.

Even funnier the way you wrote it.

Why waste time feeding her then?

Every car I've owned since my first one has had one. I would avoid buying a car without one.

I went for it. Bought a Hyundai Elantra GT Tech with a panoramic sun roof. I've only had it a day and to be honest the big thing is the light it lets in, especially for anyone sitting in the back. Too often the rear seat passengers feel like they're in a cave.

Noise with the roof open is more than I would put up with on a long trip but if you just tilt the panel there is almost no noise.

Car seems great but I still have to get used to all the features.

I'd exchange my sedan for your GT :)

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Back
Top Bottom