Sunroof, Bling or bonus | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunroof, Bling or bonus

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Kicking around the idea of a new cage and can't wrap my head around the advantages of a sunroof. The car will have air so is there some advantage? Non-smoking vehicle BTW.

Save your cash. Its a novelty, and wears off after a month.

Had it in my last few vehicles, and maybe used it 6 times.

I like the extra sun coming into the car (even when it's closed) especially on the longer drives, makes the inside of the car feel brighter.

Makes it ever so slightly easier to sell later on, maybe

I love cruising with the sunroof and windows down, especially on the mild days.
All depends on what you want OP.

What's the new car?

The Panoramic sunroof is awesome:

mercedes-clc230-7.jpg

2014_mercedes-benz_cla-class_81_1024x768.jpg

if you like a bright cabin, it's a neat feature. It's not something I would pay a lot of $ for

It's a nice to have feature, but I wouldn't pay extra if it was an option.

My last car, which I owned for 16 years had a moonroof, in that time span I opened it maybe a dozen times.

You loose some headroom with them too so if your tall you may want to sit in the vehicle to see if the lower roof is something you're ok with.

I currently have a moonroof and if I were to buy a car, one of the options would have to be a sunroof/moonroof. Mine is open anytime the weathrrs nice and I love it

if you like a bright cabin, it's a neat feature. It's not something I would pay a lot of $ for

Interesting thought: When I'm not driving it, it will be in the garage so I won't be able to see it. When I am driving it I'm inside it so can't see the exterior. Therefore exterior appearance isn't all that important.

However a nice interior is a good thing and I like bright. Sadly most cars come with interior colours of blueish grey or brownish grey.

I'm thinking of dropping down from the top level of trim and having the seats and maybe headliner redone in a brighter colour.

I haven't picked a make yet but something compact, probably Asian.

I had a Cavalier convertible back a bit and the interior was white and bright. As far as driving with the top down it was so-so. The windshield design was such that the driver had to crane his neck way back to see the tree tops going by so it didn't feel all that special. I see the sunroof as a viewing port for pigeon buts.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Last edited:
Auto engineers aren't new to this- Bright coloured interiors reflect off of the inside of your windows and windshield making it hard for the driver to see out of. There is a reason most car interiors are dark. Even cars with light beige interiors have dark dash pads so this isn't an issue.

I love cruising with the sunroof and windows down, especially on the mild days.
All depends on what you want OP.

I agree. Had one in my last two cars and when it was time for a new truck I wanted one.
I use it all the time.

I like mine and use it a fair amount (either just to let light in or with it cracked open slightly) but it wouldn't be a make it or break it feature. Also you can open the roof and not get blown away in the same fashion as when you open the windows...although the noise is fairly extreme once you reach highway speeds.

One thing I do like doing late fall/early spring is opening it when the temp is 5-10C and turning on both the heater (slightly) and seat heater...but maybe I'm odd that way. lol.

Also you can open the roof and not get blown away in the same fashion as when you open the windows...although the noise is fairly extreme once you reach highway speeds.

Open the right rear window about half an inch.

IMO worth it for the extra light in the cabin alone.

I like mine and use it a fair amount (either just to let light in or with it cracked open slightly) but it wouldn't be a make it or break it feature. Also you can open the roof and not get blown away in the same fashion as when you open the windows...

One thing I do like doing late fall/early spring is opening it when the temp is 5-10C and turning on both the heater (slightly) and seat heater...but maybe I'm odd that way. lol.

It's not odd, it being suave ;) and on really hot sunny days, I turn the A/C on, windows down, sunroof open and enjoy the weather without boiling inside the car.

Try it, is awesome!

I do the same thing LOL

Same here!

Open the right rear window about half an inch.

When you drive a two door, do this with the passenger window.

=====

OP, get the sunroof, it's a cool feature and lets more sun in regardless of the season. I use it so much that I have the muscle memory to open it as soon as I start my heap.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom