TD Meloche Monex multiple discounts | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Meloche Monex multiple discounts

jc100

I already have my bike insured with TD MM for a reasonable amount and a while back I asked them to quote me what would happen if I brought my house and car insurance across. I'm pretty sure I was told there would be discounts on everything, bike, car and house if everything was brought across. For various reasons I didnt get round to taking up that quote so today I called again but after the 45 day limit so got another quote for car and house. Car was better deductible than currently with state farm and similar price, house was pretty much the same. Was just about to give my banking details and sign but when I asked how much the bike insurance would go down they said not at all. Nothing...Bupkiss. So I told them that made very little sense and that I was sure the previous quote mentioned a multiple item discount.

So..quick Q, anyone got TDMM with multiple items insured and got a discount on bike insurance?

Cheers.

I signed up with TD MM earlier this week. I brought my car, bike and house over.
I was paying $2087 for my car, and $1441 bike with TD home and auto insurance company, and $332 for my house with Coachman. Total=$3860

I switched to TD MM and was quoted $1982 (which would receive a 8-10% discount because of the multi line quote) for my car. The car rate dropped to $1787 after the discount. I received a quote for $1086 for my motorcycle and another discount for a multi line quote. The discounted rate was $928.
I was paying $332 with coachman for house insurance, TD wanted to charge me $757.
Total=$3442

I will probably call around further this weekend before my policy takes effect on July 31st to see if any other companies can do better.

Hmm...so you did get a discount on the bike insurance for multiple additional insured items. I think I'll call a manager this week otherwise it doesn't really make sense in terms of incentives.

I'm with TD MM and had my bike, house and car with them. Nobody could touch their rates.

I just sold my bike, and told the guy to try TD for insurance. He shopped around and told me nobody could touch TDs rate for his motorcycle plan.

Also, told one of my employees about TD, and he switched both cars and his residence to TD.

They may not be cheap for "everyone", but seems to work for most people.

Sent from my Z30

I'm with TD MM and had my bike, house and car with them. Nobody could touch their rates.

I just sold my bike, and told the guy to try TD for insurance. He shopped around and told me nobody could touch TDs rate for his motorcycle plan.

Also, told one of my employees about TD, and he switched both cars and his residence to TD.

They may not be cheap for "everyone", but seems to work for most people.

Sent from my Z30

for sure their motorcycle insurance is great for me, it's just the incentives for bringing house and car across too and also what another agent told me. I forgot to mention I also benefit from a university associate incentive rate for everything but I really thought there would be a slight further discount for bringing the other things across.

I did shop around a lot and for me no one else could beat TD's price either for my car or bike. Not sure how much of a discount I am getting insuring both but I know its cheaper than almost all of the other major insurers. The group rate MM provides really helps.

I was with Jevco (or whoever they are now), but got dropped because of an administrative glitch with the ministry. Seriously. And they (Jevco) were completely unreasonable about what was clearly not my fault. It got fixed as soon as I visited the MTO but I was p.o.'d. Ended up with TDMM and a much better rate, partly because my girlfriend graduated from York - and I got a discount.

You guys see the thread here recently about how hard it seems to be to actually get a claim satisfied? Apparently that's where the good times end.

Oh, and I find it funny that the most valuable thing you own, (your house), costs so much less to insure than your vehicle.

TD MM gave me a good rate on the car and condo, as well as the 250 when I had it. When I got the 650F though they wanted a stupid amount for the bike, so I ended up dropping them on the bike only and going with Aviva through Dalton Timmis.

I should also note when shopping around All State was extremely close to what TD MM should have been for car, condo, and bike, so I might go with them at renewal time. Dalton Timmis also said they might be able to work out a better deal when it is time, so I'll see what they say as well.

Tdmm, and state farm, both told me multi line discounts do not include bike because it is classified as a "recreational vehicle". But I still saved a boatload on bike only over Desjardin.

LOL TD wanted me to buy fleet insurance through them. Said I had too many vehicles for a regular private policy. Seems they like to offer multi line discounts but not too many discounts.

The wife and I have our home, travel, jewlery, car and bike insurance with TD MM, and we're doing pretty decent as far as rates go. There was also an extra discount because the wife's a Ryerson graduate.

Tdmm, and state farm, both told me multi line discounts do not include bike because it is classified as a "recreational vehicle". But I still saved a boatload on bike only over Desjardin.

Ahhh...I see this is where the problem may lie. Thanks.

I tried to go with TDMM after Jevco was bought and my broker didn't want to use the new owners. They switched me to Aviva which wasn't too bad the first year, but then they just about doubled between 2013 and 2014. I called TDMM, but they won't cover anything as old as a 1983. I think if I had switched before it was 30 years old I could have been covered, and maybe they would have continued the policy. Just a guess on my part. Also, this was for the motorcycle only, no cars or house etc..

I tried to go with TDMM after Jevco was bought and my broker didn't want to use the new owners. They switched me to Aviva which wasn't too bad the first year, but then they just about doubled between 2013 and 2014. I called TDMM, but they won't cover anything as old as a 1983. I think if I had switched before it was 30 years old I could have been covered, and maybe they would have continued the policy. Just a guess on my part. Also, this was for the motorcycle only, no cars or house etc..

Did you mention the University affiliation Lyndsay? The bike age could be something but if there was a work around I did get a great affiliation rate with them. Saved me more than $200 over Jevco and also got me a really low deductible. I will get back in touch with them about the car and house and see if it's the recreational vehicle thing that's stopping them from applying a further discount.

Did you mention the University affiliation Lyndsay? The bike age could be something but if there was a work around I did get a great affiliation rate with them. Saved me more than $200 over Jevco and also got me a really low deductible. I will get back in touch with them about the car and house and see if it's the recreational vehicle thing that's stopping them from applying a further discount.
Yes, I mentioned the university as well as my wife's ONA affiliation. They were looking everything up and it was a second person that spotted the 1983 manufacturing date and said they don't insure bikes over 30 years old.

Back
Top Bottom