Rider down 400/Dunlop | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider down 400/Dunlop

rustysoap

Just heard on the radio. Fatal motorcycle accident at 400 and Dunlop. Didn't hear much detail besides that. R.I.P. Rider

They were customer that had just left my work, my boss/the owner of the shop was the car behind them and saw it all. He was the first on scene and to the fallen rider. Feel bad for him as it's a sight you'll never be able to forget. Didn't sound pretty at all. Head first into the post of the hwy divider with his helmet off (full face fell off)

RIP and get well soon to the passenger

They were customer that had just left my work, my boss/the owner of the shop was the car behind them and saw it all. He was the first on scene and to the fallen rider. Feel bad for him as it's a sight you'll never be able to forget. Didn't sound pretty at all. Head first into the post of the hwy divider with his helmet off (full face fell off)

Do you know any details on how the accident occurred? I too heard it on the radio. No helmet? Was the passenger at least wearing one? I recently got into an accident myself(2 days ago) with a car and my gear saved me.

RIP Rider.

Do you know any details on how the accident occurred? I too heard it on the radio. No helmet? Was the passenger at least wearing one? I recently got into an accident myself(2 days ago) with a car and my gear saved me.

RIP Rider.

Yes I do know what happened, but don't think this is the place to say. They were both wearing gear, but I'm guessing he forgot to do up his helmet and/or had one too big as it fell off. I would say it was rider error, the cars involved were hit by the cartwheeling bike.

Where is "your work" ?

I don't understand how a full face helmet can just fall off? Did he forget to do up the strap?

RIP - tragic none the less.

Yes I do know what happened, but don't think this is the place to say. They were both wearing gear, but I'm guessing he forgot to do up his helmet and/or had one too big as it fell off. I would say it was rider error, the cars involved were hit by the cartwheeling bike.

I see, it would make sense if his helmet fell off, wouldn't think someone would go on purpose onto the highway wearing no helmet. I've had those moments when I forgot to do up the helmet at times, but usually pull over the side to put it up. Damn this just teaches us to always make sure we are fully secure before hitting the road. After my recent accident, I don't think I'll ever go out without full gear, including pants(didn't wear the pants that day, but you never know).

BTW, I like your signature "Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!", good metaphor.

GWS Passenger.

RIP

Strange that you're willing to share the most gruesome details, however the cause that others can potentially learn from you're not willing to say cause "its not the place to say"

I was the first on scene of this collision. Wearing appropriate gear wasn't the issue here. The rider lost control on the onramp while attempting to "merge" ahead of another vehicle. I can't give more detail than that.

I was the first on scene of this collision. Wearing appropriate gear wasn't the issue here. The rider lost control on the onramp while attempting to "merge" ahead of another vehicle. I can't give more detail than that.

Seems to be consistent with the info I had as well.

Pretty much garantee he was competing against the other lane that merges to the single lane to merge onto the hwy. I cant count how many cars I've seen race that ramp then not make the almost 90* tun to merge onto the hwy. When no ones hurt it can be quite humerous to see them launch over the grass and into the gaurd rail.

RIP rider. Hope the passenger and kids in the SUV are not traumatized for life.

What do you mean? So the guy was wearing a helmet? Hitting your head into a guard rail will make a difference if you were wearing a helmet vs not wearing a helmet.

RIP

Strange that you're willing to share the most gruesome details, however the cause that others can potentially learn from you're not willing to say cause "its not the place to say"

I agree, details should be shared to prevent anyone from making the same mistake.

What do you mean? So the guy was wearing a helmet? Hitting your head into a guard rail will make a difference if you were wearing a helmet vs not wearing a helmet.

Helmet and gear reduces the risk of injury...they don't prevent it. Head-on with a pole at speed likely it wouldn't make a difference.

As for the helmet, I know many people who can take theirs on and of 1 handed. I purposely got one that fits really snug, almost to the point of needing lube to take it on and off. Fits perfectly when on my head though and I can wear it for hours.

I agree, details should be shared to prevent anyone from making the same mistake.

I just wasn't the car behind, my boss was so I don't want to say anything or provide false information but here it comes. The ramp gets cars from people turning left and some from the right, the left side has the right of way and the right has a yield. The rider (right side) sped up to get ahead of the other car, maybe he wasn't used to riding with a passenger or the turn was just out of his skill level but he didn't make it, hit the curbing and the bike cartwheeled through the air, striking an SUV on the way. I wasn't there, but that's what I gathered. And yes. with a helmet he may not have survived with the head on hit, but his head would most likely have stayed in one piece.

Just don't go pushing your limits on the streets just to get in front of one car.

Once again RIP

Back
Top Bottom