isle of man tt & macau gp/guia circuit & ulster gp | GTAMotorcycle.com

isle of man tt & macau gp/guia circuit & ulster gp

How does one from toronto make it all the way there? Where do even start? I wanna race on these tracks one day

Most of the teams are privateers, so money helps.

BTW, the Isle of Man TT course is opened up to the public during practice week. Any idiots can go on the course, and as many as 5-7 die every year. Between that and the drinking, it's a wonder anyone makes it out alive. The place has the feel of an international waters monkey knife fight.

IOM you need to compete (pre-qualify in other Irish road races before the IOM) races like Northwest 200, Ulster etc. To get in those you need an FIM license and generally to get that you need a license from another series and the blessing of the CMA.
Macau is invitation only and generally only to qualified experts from other series.
All I can say is if you have never raced you better get some experience racing first these races are a good way to end up dead if you dont know what your doing and sometimes even if you do.

To ride the IOM you have to qualify at the Manx GP.
You will first run a "new comers" race and you have to do 110% or better of the winning time.
You then get to run a qualifier for your class. Same deal, 110% or better to qualify.
You have to finish your class race at 110% of the winning time to qualify for the IOM.
You can now TRY to enter the IOM. The popular classes are, as of late, always over subscribed, so you'll have to qualify.
oh... and you have to book passage on a ferry a year in advance(and there is a limited number of trailers allowed on each ferry)... the same for a decent hotel or BB
Good luck getting CMA to endorse you for a FIM license. I only got it because I had a CMA number in the seventies. It would be easier to get your Irish or British licence, then get a FIM.
To enter the Ulster GP you need an Irish Roadrace license. To get one you have to join an Irish roadrace club... then qualify. Good luck with that, the slowest guys in Ireland are faster than the fastest guys here.
They have real "Club" racing, so each small club sends their fastest guy to the Ulster, Northwest, Cookstown, the big races, so you're trying to qualify against a "all star" team of riders.

So you're saying I might have a slim chance in the maxi-scooter class? YESSS! Then I realized how lame Ontario is. Sigh.

Its doable, but its uphill all the way and you need sponsors that want you there and have financial and political pull, or you need to be stinky rich and connected to UK and European racing.
Ontario isn't lame, the Isles have a culture of running races on public roads and we never really had that going on in the last hundred yrs.

I thought there was a scooter class for a second. I see there was a 50cc Ultra Lightweight Class in the 60s. Slowest average speed of 72mph! Those must have been pretty crazy 2-strokes. I think my average speed on all the bikes I've ridden (500-650cc) is lower than that. An apples to oranges comparison to be sure, but still--that means those racers were often riding *faster* than 72. The 1966 winner's average speed was 85mph. On a 50cc. That make ME lame, ha ha!

How do I find out more info about those!!?

The first rule of international waters monkey knife fight, you don't talk about international waters monkey knife fight.

[video=youtube;HciyMVDtLdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HciyMVDtLdU[/video]

I don't know anything about any of those races or how to participate so my opinion is you can do the same thing at the Muskoka GP minus the fairy.

Back
Top Bottom