Trail braking tips + advice!? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trail braking tips + advice!?

As you brake for the corner and start leaning the bike in you gradually release the brake. If you do it too quickly it will cause the front to unload and loose traction. The further you lean the less you want to use the brake.

Just take your time and gradually increase the amount of front brake you carry into the corner and be as smooth as possible. If your using race rubber you can trail brake ridiculously hard and late but it takes time to gain the confidence.

As you brake for the corner and start leaning the bike in you gradually release the brake. If you do it too quickly it will cause the front to unload and loose traction. The further you lean the less you want to use the brake.

Just take your time and gradually increase the amount of front brake you carry into the corner and be as smooth as possible. If your using race rubber you can trail brake ridiculously hard and late but it takes time to gain the confidence.
Perfect advise.
On gtam too lol

Takes balls and front end feel.
I've been doing it lots thanks to my Braketech iron rotors and Brembo RCS 19 = tons of flawless feel! Takes much smaller balls like mine with the good braking equipment. I trail brake into turn 6 at TMP/Cayuga and sometimes turn 2 if I mess up my braking point.

Perfect advise.
On gtam too lol

Thanks!

I've been doing it lots thanks to my Braketech iron rotors and Brembo RCS 19 = tons of flawless feel! Takes much smaller balls like mine with the good braking equipment. I trail brake into turn 6 at TMP/Cayuga and sometimes turn 2 if I mess up my braking point.

You can do this with oem parts on any bike. I learned to do it dirt biking (see that gtam, dirt experience, imagine that) and also did it with stock brakes on my first track bike. If you have aggressive pads and a powerful master it can make it very hard and intimidating to learn.

I learned trail braking at Fast II and III and practiced it at a few track days after.

One thing that I found really helpful was to be methodical about recording your braking marker.

I worked on pushing my braking marker further and further out each session, which forced me to let off the brakes deeper into the turn instead of before it.

Back
Top Bottom