Iphone repair shop | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iphone repair shop

daught

My 4S got water damaged. I dried it cleaned it, but it seems like the main board will need a SMD replaced :( Basically my screen works but the backlight won't come on.

Anyone some good shops around toronto that could do it? How much would it be?

My 4S got water damaged. I dried it cleaned it, but it seems like the main board will need a SMD replaced :( Basically my screen works but the backlight won't come on.

put it in a bowl of rice

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

You need to replace the whole screen. Not that hard, but since it's Apple, only God knows.

There should be tutorials on the web

My backlight coil on the mainboard is fried. Confirmed with meter...
Since you seem to have an idea what you're doing, your best bet is to o buy a damaged phone on eBay & Salvage the parts. Another choice is to get a new phone, you can buy an iPhone clone or something like that.

Getting it repaired might not be cheap, almost the same price of getting a new phone

eBay and buy the whole screen assembly. I got one for a 5s for under 130 shipped. Should be significantly cheaper for a 4s. Never messed with iPhones before and it took me about 1.5 hrs total. Find a how to on google or youtube. And take your time and MAKE SURE U PUT THE SCREWS BACK IN THE EXACT LOCATION THEY CAME FROM. You will destroy the phone if u mess that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's NOT the screen, it's the main board that has the damaged part. It has to be microsoddered. Main boards are expensive, more than any part even an entire screen. Plus I don't want to loose my jail break.

Ever asked a small cell shop? My 4s screen was replaced for 60 and an hour turn around. Doesn't hurt to ask. Since you sound like you know what you are doing just tell em what you want and I'm sure they can quote you on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I called a few places. Communication is not their forte. I was hoping someone knows a place that deals with advanced repairs. There are lots of repair shops but they only swap parts.

Now, while I am stuck with an older lent Samsung i9020 (galaxy s?) what can I do to speed it up? Feels like win 95 with bronzy buddy. I have just about every process greenifyed. Helps a bit.

I asked how much he would charge to replace a friend's power button. His reply:

There is a recall on all iPhone 5 with power button problem from Apple. If his phone is not water damaged Apple will fix it for free. Otherwise $60 to replace power button flex takes 1 day.

It's very rare these days to find an honest business.

Back
Top Bottom