I went down today Whitby | GTAMotorcycle.com

I went down today Whitby

TSquared

I was in whitby making a left turn at a 4 way stop, took a left and this lady driver from the left flew past the stop sign and was about to hit me head on. I dodge it and force myself to do a lowslide to avoid hitting the car head on.

Thank god I was wearing full leather gear today, would have crushed my foot. Rode off from the incident with an ankle pain.

Always wear gear, esp boots! saved me from going to the hospital today.

Last edited:
good stuff on the gear!

And where the hell did the other rider go!?

Sorry it was a typo, meant lady Driver. She was driving this big SUV.
She stop after I crashed as well as other people near by to help me lift the bike up. The lady told me she couldn't help me pick up the bike because she was smoking a cig.(some older lady)

The guy behind me helped me pick up my bike and we walked it over for inspection, when I turned back the lady drove off.

The bike has a broken left mirror, minor damages, and left turn signal sorta broken. I walked out with a sprain ankle and a slightly damage bike(bought the bike that was already dropped so not too mad).

10363657_10152576324086368_2279733132559687431_n.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you are ok.

A few problems here, 1)"force myself to do a lowslide to avoid hitting the car head on. " never works, if you missed it sliding, you would have missed it staying up, 2) if you did not make contact with her car, this will count as an at fault accident for you, consider that before reporting to insurance.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was in the fallen riders section, sorry for starting a discussion.

Last edited:
good thing it wasn't worse. i wonder if that can be reported?
did you get a license plate? since she caused the accident by blowing passed the stop sign.

where in whitby was it?

Glad you are ok.

A few problems here, 1)"force myself to do a lowslide to avoid hitting the car head on. " never works, if you missed it sliding, you would have missed it staying up, 2) if you did not make contact with her car, this will count as an at fault accident for you, consider that before reporting to insurance.
When did i say I was going to report this?. I didn't hit the car, I would only be going after myself, Plus damages is less then $100, my insurance would want a $500 deductible. Why would anyone in there right mind report insurance for something so minor. Plus from my experience, my insurance will still go up even if I wasn't at fault. I'm just glad I'm okay.

I basically had to make the turn even sharper which I tried to not fall down, but I was leaning too much so it just drop down. Always avoid crashing the bike if you don't have to. Maybe I hit the brake too hard and it just put me down.

did you get a license plate? since she caused the accident by blowing passed the stop sign.

where in whitby was it?

Whitby Shores area, Like the poster above stated, I didn't hit the car so it would be consider me at fault. In my mind I would much rather crash my own bike and stay alive then hit the car, probably get seriously injured and get insurance. No thank you.

Her just riding off was an a-hole thing to do, but in the end I was okay and what can I pin her for.

...what can I pin her for.

Not stopping at the Stop sign.

Even if you're not going to go through insurance (which makes sense), this lady clearly didn't care to make sure if you were OK, couldn't separate herself from her cigarette for a moment to help with your bike, and then took off as soon as you were busy for a moment.

The next time she does it, that victim may not be so lucky.

If you have her plate# and description of her car, report her to the police, at the very least as a dangerous driver.

Not stopping at the Stop sign.

Even if you're not going to go through insurance (which makes sense), this lady clearly didn't care to make sure if you were OK, couldn't separate herself from her cigarette for a moment to help with your bike, and then took off as soon as you were busy for a moment.

The next time she does it, that victim may not be so lucky.

If you have her plate# and description of her car, report her to the police, at the very least as a dangerous driver.

I don't have any pics of plates but I will definitely report her to the police. Reporting to insurance won't help me unless they find her. When I stated I wouldn't report it, I was referring to insurance.

I've been riding for 6 years now and this is the first time I ever dropped a bike. I'm glad this happen when I was an experience rider instead of a new rider. Things would have went down a lot differently if that was the case.

In the end, full leather gear and good racing boots saved me from being hurt.

Last edited:
Sorry it was a typo, meant lady Driver. She was driving this big SUV.
She stop after I crashed as well as other people near by to help me lift the bike up. The lady told me she couldn't help me pick up the bike because she was smoking a cig.(some old lady, maybe 38 )

The guy behind me helped me pick up my bike and we walked it over for inspection, when I turned back the lady drove off.

The bike has a broken left mirror, minor damages, and left turn signal sorta broken. I walked out with a sprain ankle and a slightly damage bike(bought the bike that was already dropped so not too mad).

10363657_10152576324086368_2279733132559687431_n.jpg

Glad you are ok..... BUT 38 === OLD LADY??????????????????

where in whitby was it?

Not true... SORRY but he would be at fault because he was turning left... " Person making left hand turn is always at fault no matter what the other party involved did .. SAD BUT TRUE... ( unless hes lucky enough to have a witness, but even then its touchy)

Last edited:

Yeah. Wtf. I'm 34 I never considered myself old before. Looks like I got four years until I'm out to pasture. :(

Op, glad your ok dude......

The 41 year old geezer over here is glad that the OP is okay too.

38 year old chimney smoker - probably looks like an old lady.

(Glad you're alright OP and not much damage to the bike)

38 year old chimney smoker - probably looks like an old lady.

(Glad you're alright OP and not much damage to the bike)

LOL. sorry guys, I meant older lady, not old lady lol. I'm just saying not a little girl on the phone. But after looking at age images, i would say she looked about 42~45.

Yeah, damage was minor, nothing to cry about. My friend is coming over with some industrial level glue to repair the mirror. I manage to put the signal back together just missing the lends. I ordered a new lends from the dealer for $5.99+tax & shipping. So I'm in an okay position for the bike. My ankle however is the one that is suffering.

I think this has taught me to wait for everyone to get into their stop position before making any turns.

Last edited:
Old haig.... I'm really glad that you're ok. I can't stand ignorent people "couldn't help you with the bike because she was smoking a cigarette" well i hope that cigarette kills her sooner than later. Sorry nothing against smokers, i used to smoke, but people have no respect towards motorcyclists, just because a select few dummies ride like morons. Maybe she was having a bad day but still, if you're going to blow a stop sign and force someone to drop their bike, the least she can do is help you pick it up or offer you some sort of compensation. How about a pat on the back or at least "I'm sorry". Anyways... i think I'm done my rant now... happy motoring everyone :)

Glad you are ok but this should have been reported right away. I hope the police take this seriously because guaranteed she is either driving with a suspension or no insurance. Also, she did not help him not because of her cigarette but because she was looking to get away. The cig was just an excuse.

Hopefully you get back back into riding condition again soon. BTW my bike is for sale, as per your old lady comment, hell at 52 I have no idea why I am riding, Cage is also for sale as I clearly shouldn't be driving at this advanced age...lol

Likely would have been better to use the term "mature" although someone in their 40's is NOT "mature" by any stretch of the imagination but MUCH better term than "old or older" Just remember OP you too will someday be "older"..lmao

Glad you learned one very valuable lesson don't "assume" someone will stop just because there is a stop sign present.

Last edited:
+1 for the gear.
Note to myself: watch out for 38 year old ladies driving a SUV and smoking a cig.

Glad you are ok.

Back
Top Bottom