I went down today Whitby | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I went down today Whitby

I think this has taught me to wait for everyone to get into their stop position before making any turns.

Yup. Just because the light is red, or the sign says STOP, doesn't mean they're going to. We can never safely assume.

Yup. Just because the light is red, or the sign says STOP, doesn't mean they're going to. We can never safely assume.

Specially in Whitby lately. It's an absolute epidemic. I almost t-boned an SUV with 3 kids in the car and mom having a smoke on her phone the other day.

Hope you're back on the bike soon OP. Don't let this change your outlook on riding,

My friend is coming over with some industrial level glue to repair the mirror.

Glad you are okay OP.

You may want to replace that mirror instead of repairing it as mentioned. Judging from your photo, my mirror snapped off at a similar spot. I did what you were gonna do, with tape on top. That didn't last 5 minutes on hwy 400, and it flew off my bike creating a hazard. I learned my lesson and replaced it with a new oem part.

Last edited:
Glad you are okay OP.

You may want to replace that mirror instead of repairing it as mentioned. Judging from your photo, my mirror snapped off at a similar spot. I did what you were gonna do, with tape on top. That didn't last 5 minutes on hwy 400, and it flew off my bike creating a hazard. I learned my lesson and replaced it with a new oem part.

If cost is an issue, use gorilla glue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Glad you are okay OP.

Hey guys,

Been back on the road riding again, it's amazing feeling miss it very much. :)

I tested many types of glue and even did some testing to see if it would break off. A couple glue test failed but recently used epoxy to glue it together, holds very strong and even took a hammer to it to see if it would fall off. Looks like it is all good for now.

HOWEVER. I ordered a brand new set of mirrors off ebay for $25 free shipping, but it will take about 1 month to arrive. This is a temporary fix for now until the mirrors come in.

BTW, I'm 28, I'll consider myself "old" at 30. Only 2 more years to go :'( JK!

PS. nothing wrong with us guys being older, the ladies love an older man ;)

10556240_10152594537911368_7410872688764233404_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom