$100 parking ticket. | GTAMotorcycle.com

$100 parking ticket.

Braden

Soo I got a $100, parking ticket for parking at the end of a row of parking spots on striped yellow at a beach.

I thought I was just being nice not taking up a spot but came back to the ticket. pretty tucked away too barely taking up any space. I've parked in those half spots at the ends of isles all the time but I guess since it wasn't private property that's why this is the first time getting a ticket. Missed him by 7 minutes too. :(

Any advise if its worth fighting? Getting it reduced? Pretty broke right now so just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks,

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure just taking it in will reduce it. With 30 tickets I still take then to court and they drop it to like 15 I think. Worth a shot

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you but I received a similar ticket a few years ago at a mall in Brampton. Turns out the area was classified as a fire route because it was at the end of the line of cars against a main laneway in front of some stores. I always park in a spot now wherever I go.

Yes, take it to court and plead guilty.....the JP will probaly drop it to approx. $30.00. If the green hornet doesn't show, the ticket will get tossed. If you can't make it, send someone down to do this.

Thanks for all the advise everyone.

Yeah I'll definitely just put it in a spot next time. I think I was torn between not know if I had to pay for parking if I put it in a spot or to just park it like I did.

In that situation, I'm pretty sure the parking at the beach was public green p, was I supposed to put it in a spot and not pay for a ticket? I know parking in green p on the street is fine without a ticket I'm just not sure about a lot.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

yes for the lots you still have to buy a ticket and park in a designated lane.

I got one of those beach tickets too, filed for court and never heard back from them again! That was a few years ago.

-Only Green P street parking is free, paid parking lots are never free

-You can't park in striped zones anywhere, even mall parking lots will ticket you for it if they see it

Guess it depends on who is patrolling. I have parked my bike on the sidewalk near yonge and dundas in front of a cop before and he didn't even bat an eyelash.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Go to fight it. You parked in the last space, someone moved your bike and took the spot

Which, without having proof of payment, wouldn't help one bit. Petitioning for a reduction in the ticket, by pleading poverty, might actually do something.

Back
Top Bottom