whats you front brake line length? | GTAMotorcycle.com

whats you front brake line length?

atss2006

I have a 07 zx6r.
Front brakes were locking up on me. Ended up changing the entire system one part at a time. I found nics on a couple of pistons in a caliper. Decided cost to fix was more than a used replacement. I went with R6 calipers and upgraded my rotors to 310mm to match.
Anyway, long story short. My custom brake lines no longer fit. What a waste. I want to just get some off the shelf, but of course none of the brake line mfg list the lengths. I'm running a two line setup (two to the master, one each to the calipers). Can you guys let me know what your lengths are and yr model of the bike.

Already know my length, wanted to know stock lengths of other bikes so I could see if I could use a different bikes lines (length) with my setup, since mine is no longer stock length.

Already know my length, wanted to know stock lengths of other bikes so I could see if I could use a different bikes lines (length) with my setup, since mine is no longer stock length.

I think there is some confusion...

I was going to suggest what N3WMAN said. Instead of buying off the shelf lines that are a suitable length, get some custom lines made. I got some from Rennsport Auto. Just take a piece of rope, run in where you'd run your brake line, then take it out and measure.

there must be some confusion....
I have already measured the length of brake line I needed. I was hoping that I could find a yr/make/model of bike that has close to the same length as mine. An R6 would have been ideal as I have changed to R6 calipers. I was hoping I could get a set of aftermarket braided lines "off the shelf". No need to custom order/make. But I've given up and already placed an order with Spiegler for a custom set.

Out of curiosity, why did you want an off the shelf set?

Wasn't ordering the specific length easier than trying to track down a premade set that is the same length so you could order those?

Because my hope was to just go to a shop and get a set on the weekend. I wouldn't have to wait for a set to get shipped to me or wait for them to be made and shipped.

Back
Top Bottom