King Vaughan Rd - Ashphalt Snakes | GTAMotorcycle.com

King Vaughan Rd - Ashphalt Snakes

bskin

Had a chance to ride King Vaughan last night and saw dozens and dozens of ashphalt snakes. I'm almost certain they're all new. Both on the straights and the twisties. Careful when taking those turns; they're slippery!

Sounds like they ruined a perfectly good road. I was up there 2 weeks ago and no tar snakes and the road was in good condition. They had just finished replacing stretches that were really messed up from the winter.

I went there today just to check it out and yeah, they're pretty slippery and everywhere...... King Vaughan Rd - West of Weston Rd

What are the west limits of the tar snakes? Did they also place them in the s curve near Kipling? and also down the steep hill near the Humber river?

What are the west limits of the tar snakes? Did they also place them in the s curve near Kipling? and also down the steep hill near the Humber river?

From Hwy 27 to about 1-2km from Weston if I remember correctly.. (Basically the whole twisty area)

Edit: Just went through some video footage - Highway 27 to Kipling. There are only 2 turns east of kipling that are tar snake free.

Last edited:
I use(d) this road often. Imagine my surprise when I saw all those tar snakes. I had a nasty wobble and almost low-sided. That road is ruined. Too bad.

I use(d) this road often. Imagine my surprise when I saw all those tar snakes. I had a nasty wobble and almost low-sided. That road is ruined. Too bad.

Is it really that bad? The section from Hwy 27 to Kipling (S curve) was in good shape/ Did they really place numerous tar snakes in that section?

Is it really that bad? The section from Hwy 27 to Kipling (S curve) was in good shape/ Did they really place numerous tar snakes in that section?

http://imgur.com/a/WA9JG

Heres an album of the first 4 turns from Hwy 27 - Kipling. I'm sure you'll get the idea after the first 4 xD

The road surface prior to placement of the tar snakes was not in bad shape to begin with. I swear these contractors get paid by how much crap they put down and not where its actually required. Every place that has had tar snakes installed has had the road deteriorate faster than if they just left it alon

Back
Top Bottom