Overheating ans hot start problem... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Overheating ans hot start problem...

Hey freke, the starter I just replaced, but just one question, if the stator gasket is over compressed could it bind the starter gear once it heats up? Thanks
The valves are fine.

Voltage means **** all. It's all about current. Apply power directly to the starter when it refuses to crank, see if that makes any difference. If it does, than apply power to battery and try it.

The power goes straight to the starter from the battery through a fuse and a relay, how much more direct could it be?

Last edited:
Since you're so argumentative I'll let you figure it out...

Since you're so argumentative I'll let you figure it out...

well ok I'll hit it with a cable straight from another battery and see what happens

I'd check the intake tubing after the airbox. Could be a leakage

I have the same bike. I would start looking at your ground. Once its hot and zcts up, run a booster cable from the batt negative to the engine block and try that.

Voltage means **** all. It's all about current. Apply power directly to the starter when it refuses to crank, see if that makes any difference. If it does, than apply power to battery and try it.

Hey,
You got it right. when I started the bike with current directly to the starter it worked fine.
I just need to replace that circuit, awesome.
I'll need to wait til that's fixed to see if it corrects the overheating.
Thanks

OK that's good to hear. It rules out mechanical issues such as dragging clutch or binding starter.

I have the same bike. I would start looking at your ground. Once its hot and zcts up, run a booster cable from the batt negative to the engine block and try that.
Fortunately I have found the problem, I know that these bikes are weak in the electrical department and one guy that ha one needed to run a new ground through his entire wiring harness before his problem was resolved. Thanks for your input though.

Back
Top Bottom