Is it legal to "squeeze" through to make a right turn? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it legal to "squeeze" through to make a right turn?

BrownBrady

On a road that had no right turn lane, if there were 2 cars ahead of you at a stop light, and the car ahead of you moved slightly to the left to let you through, is it legal to 'squeeze' through the space between that car and the curb to make a right turn?

Would you do it during a road test?

Last edited:
Im sure someone can post the link, But I believe the bundy case was about this and he got the Stunt driving charge. (Definitely depending on the police officer).

PS, I do it all the time.

No but almost everyone does it.

Heck, I'll even ride up on the curb/sidewalk sometimes in my car to do it as long as there are no pedestrians around and light traffic. Probably a big fine if I get caught, though.

You wouldn't do it on a road test cause you'd leave the tester's car behind at the light

You wouldn't do it on a road test cause you'd leave the tester's car behind at the light

And they'd probably fail or at least ding you since it's illegal.

I believe there is some kind of legal rule about doing it if a vehicle is turning left, or something, though.

And they'd probably fail or at least ding you since it's illegal.

I believe there is some kind of legal rule about doing it if a vehicle is turning left, or something, though.

What you're talking about stated that If you can see every vehicle ahead of you has indicated a left turn you may pass on the shoulder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2 vehicles can't occupy the same spot in a lane.
Illegal. Do I do it? Yes

What you're talking about stated that If you can see every vehicle ahead of you has indicated a left turn you may pass on the shoulder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Incorrect, the shoulder must be paved, or that's illegal too. I got pulled over for it by a really ***** cop having a bad day.

And how many times do cagers do this, where the first car creeps forward just enough for the guy behind him to make his right hand turn.....not legal either probably, but I have never been ticketed for it.....I am sure the day will come....

Cager did it while I was on my bike the other day...couldn't properly check for traffic coming from the right...****tard :rolleyes:

I always allow space for people to do this behind me as to not be a d**k as long as they signal before I stop I will stop as far left and forward as I safely can.

I'm thinking it's not illegal, I had two cars in front of me squeezed through tons of room.. Coulda fit a car pulled into the parking lot saw a cop cut across four lanes of traffic to hunt me down, started walking into the store, he slammed it into reverse almost hit another car, came up to me and said he was pulling me over... Yet I was walking already, guy was a huge douche but that's already a given. Makes me stand there for five minutes I ask him what he's charging me for, he said here's your licence back. Ie I'm a dink don't have anything to charge you for...after He followed me, was on my way to a bike meet, drove home instead didn't want the fuzz at the meet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Incorrect, the shoulder must be paved, or that's illegal too. I got pulled over for it by a really ***** cop having a bad day.
What if it's a gravel road?

What if it's a gravel road?

Then there would be no "clearly marked and defined lanes" Unless they have invented a way to get the lane lines to stay in place on gravel. But not many gravel roads have "shoulders" most are 2 lanes, (one in each direction). Paved or not the shoulder is not a"lane" that is why it is called the shoulder.

Then there would be no "clearly marked and defined lanes" Unless they have invented a way to get the lane lines to stay in place on gravel. But not many gravel roads have "shoulders" most are 2 lanes, (one in each direction). Paved or not the shoulder is not a"lane" that is why it is called the shoulder.
So it would be legal?

Back
Top Bottom