2007 695 Monster HID problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 695 Monster HID problem

New_Era_Inc

Hi all,

I just installed H4 HID kit on my monster and for some reason only the high beam is on and the HID bulb does not light up. When I switch it to the high beam the high beam bulb turns off and the HID bulb is still off.

It should be a straightforward plug and play. Any ideas ??

Very poor grammar, makes it difficult to understand.

So..... Is it when your set to lo beam your Hi beam is on and when your set to hi beam nothing happens?

Which style of H4 did you get?
Did you get the telescopic bulb (Single Bulb) or the one with the little halogen bulb beside the HID (2 bulbs, have heard many problems with these), I assume its the 2 bulb system.

Is your connector the spade connector with a male end or is it the full plug?
Maybe you have your connectors in the wrong position?

Very poor grammar, makes it difficult to understand.

So..... Is it when your set to lo beam your Hi beam is on and when your set to hi beam nothing happens?

Which style of H4 did you get?
Did you get the telescopic bulb (Single Bulb) or the one with the little halogen bulb beside the HID (2 bulbs, have heard many problems with these), I assume its the 2 bulb system.

Is your connector the spade connector with a male end or is it the full plug?
Maybe you have your connectors in the wrong position?

It's a 2 bulb setup. When Lo beam is set, high beam bulb is on. When I switch to high beam, both bulbs are off.

Well it seems you have it wired incorrectly, is it a plug or connectors?

It just plugs in. I have an HID setup on my car and other bike and they both work fine. I'm gonna try to test the hid bulb and ballast on my other bike to see if they are working properly.

It just plugs in. I have an HID setup on my car and other bike and they both work fine. I'm gonna try to test the hid bulb and ballast on my other bike to see if they are working properly.

Flip the connector. I've seen some HID kits where even though it was 'plug and play' they wired the connectors in reverse. Could be your issue.

It looks like the bulb is wired backwards. The ballasts works fine on my other H4 HID bulbs already connected to my other bike.

Last edited:
It looks like the bulb is wired backward. The ballasts works fine on my other H4 HID bulbs already connected to my other bike.

I suggest cutting the solid plug of the end that connects to the car harness and crimp some male spade connectors on and just insert them into the right slots in the harness.
Seeing how the H4 plug is more of a triangled shape, you cant really just flip it correctly.

Thanks. I'm just going to take the bulb back and get another one.

Thanks. I'm just going to take the bulb back and get another one.

Remember if the first one is wired that way, the second is most likely the exact same.
It would be much easier just to crimp a new connector on and be on your way.

avy7yhes.jpg

The bulb looks like its wired ok. The high beam wire and the low beam HID wire are in the correct slots.

Last edited:
Ha! Like I said. The guy knew what he was talking about so the components must be bad. It's still challenging to diagnose over the internets.

I also had to switch the wires for the low and high beam. Luckily my other bike had a working H4 bulb and ballast so I can test it out.

Last edited:
It's working properly now. The high beam connector is on the top now and the low beam is on the right side.

Back
Top Bottom